Free alternative dispute resolution services are now available weekly at the Lone Star College–CyFair Branch Library, 9191 Barker Cypress at West Road.
Staff from the Dispute Resolution Center of Harris County is on hand from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. each Thursday to discuss the conflict and set up appointments for mediation.
For those having disputes that include: family, neighbors, auto repair, landlords and/or tenants, consumers and/or merchants, homeowner associations, employment and more, try mediation to reach a mutually-acceptable agreement to resolve the conflict.
For information on the Dispute Resolution Center, go to www.drchouston.org.
For those interested in becoming a certified mediator, Lone Star College–CyFair also offers a Mediation Certificate Program. For information, go to cyfair.lonestar.edu/goto/ce4.
FREE TAX HELP AVAILABLE THROUGH APRIL 12
Free tax help will be available Feb. 1 through April 12 at the Lone Star College–CyFair Branch Library, Room 131.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will be on site noon to 4 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays to assist taxpayers with middle- to low-income, particularly those ages 60 and older.
Attendees are urged to bring the following:
• current year’s tax forms and preparation booklet
• last year’s income tax return
• w-2 forms from each employer
• unemployment compensation statements
• SSA-1099 form if paid Social Security benefits
• All 1099 forms showing interest, dividends, documentation of original purchase price of sold assets
• 1099-miscellaneous income
• 1099-R for pension or annuity received
• Forms indicating federal income tax paid
• Dependent care provider information including Social Security numbers
• Receipts or canceled checks if itemizing
For AARP Tax-Aide information, go to ww.aarp.org/taxaide.