Lone Star College-Tomball recently held its 5th annual Club Awards program.
More than 250 members of student organizations attended this year’s event with its “Roman Toga Party” theme. Several awards were given during the program including the following:
· Advisor of the Year – Rebecca Tate
· Collaborative Programming Event - Phi Theta Kappa & the Eco Club
· Community Service/Humanitarian Award – The Inkling Creative Writing Magazine student leaders and advisors
· Spirit Award – The Future Teachers Club
· Leadership Award – Chantel (CeeCee) Sigman for her work on the Inkling
· Outstanding Student Organization – The Inkling Creative Writing Magazine
Also during the evening Edward Albracht, Dean of Student Development, was recognized for his more than 30 years of support of students and student programming in the Lone Star College System, 20 of those at LSC-Tomball. Albracht is retiring Aug. 31.
Club Awards is an annual event hosted by the Office of Student Activities. The evening celebrates the end of the academic year and recognizes the accomplishments of student organizations that were recognized on a local, state, and national level through their organizations and on a campus level.
“This year’s program was an outstanding event,” said Shannon Marino, Program Manager for Student Activities. “Students and their advisors enjoyed the theme, decorations and had a great time getting into the spirit of the evening by wearing togas. We have enjoyed working with many outstanding students in our organizations this year.”
Lone Star College System consists of five colleges, including CyFair, Kingwood, Montgomery, North Harris, and Tomball, six centers and Lone Star College-University Center. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.