- January 21, 2015
Interested in learning how to create better organizations and a more caring community at the same time? Then plan on attending the second annual Inspire Conference Feb. 5, hosted by The Leadership North Houston Alumni Association.
- January 16, 2015
Lone Star College will be conducting information sessions for businesses interested in becoming a vendor and doing business with LSC. In 2013-14 alone, LSC spent more than $192 million to support its day to day operations.
- January 09, 2015Credit student enrollment at Lone Star College grew by 6 percent from fall 2012 to fall 2013, making it the fastest growing community college system in Texas.
- January 08, 2015Dr. Rebecca Riley has been named LSC-Montgomery interim president beginning Jan. 15. Riley replaces Dr. Austin Lane who was recently promoted to LSC executive vice chancellor.
- January 06, 2015The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees will hold a retreat at 1 p.m., Friday, Jan. 9, 2015, in the Larisa Conference Room and Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015, at 9 a.m. in the Larisa Conference Room at the La Torretta Lake Resort, 600 La Torretta Blvd., Montgomery, Texas 77356 at which time those subjects listed on the agenda will be addressed. No action will take place.
- December 19, 2014Lone Star College facilities will be closed for the winter holiday break beginning Dec. 22 through Jan.4. Regular office operations resume Monday, Jan. 5.
- December 18, 2014Lone Star College is holding open house events in January and February at various campuses for the Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL), a membership program for adults age 50-plus who are interested in expanding their horizons with others in a learning environment.
- December 11, 2014Three new members of the Lone Star College System Board of Trustees were sworn in at last week’s board meeting.
- December 09, 2014The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation (USCCF) recently held a summit in Washington to focus on helping U.S. companies fill the gap of skilled workers.
- December 05, 2014Lone Star College opened its doors to more than 2,400 international students from 100 different countries for fall 2014 semester – ranking it fourth in the nation for the number of international students attending a community college.