- January 30, 2015
Six Lone Star College students shared stories of hardship, dedication and success during the Lone Star College Foundation’s 22nd annual Chancellor’s Breakfast.
- January 29, 2015
Houston is one of the leading port cities in the country and the transportation industry is struggling to find qualified drivers. Many are turning to the Lone Star College Transportation Institute for training that can potentially take them from a minimum-wage, dead-end job to earning approximately $35,000 in just six short weeks.
- January 27, 2015
Lone Star College has named Dr. Melissa Gonzalez LSC vice chancellor of workforce and economic development. Gonzalez will lead workforce-credit and non-credit programs, continuing education, job placement, resource development/grants, and Lone Star Corporate College.
- January 21, 2015
Interested in learning how to create better organizations and a more caring community at the same time? Then plan on attending the second annual Inspire Conference Feb. 5, hosted by The Leadership North Houston Alumni Association.
- January 16, 2015
Lone Star College will be conducting information sessions for businesses interested in becoming a vendor and doing business with LSC. In 2013-14 alone, LSC spent more than $192 million to support its day to day operations.
- January 09, 2015Credit student enrollment at Lone Star College grew by 6 percent from fall 2012 to fall 2013, making it the fastest growing community college system in Texas.
- January 08, 2015Dr. Rebecca Riley has been named LSC-Montgomery interim president beginning Jan. 15. Riley replaces Dr. Austin Lane who was recently promoted to LSC executive vice chancellor.
- January 06, 2015The Lone Star College System Board of Trustees will hold a retreat at 1 p.m., Friday, Jan. 9, 2015, in the Larisa Conference Room and Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015, at 9 a.m. in the Larisa Conference Room at the La Torretta Lake Resort, 600 La Torretta Blvd., Montgomery, Texas 77356 at which time those subjects listed on the agenda will be addressed. No action will take place.
- December 19, 2014Lone Star College facilities will be closed for the winter holiday break beginning Dec. 22 through Jan.4. Regular office operations resume Monday, Jan. 5.
- December 18, 2014Lone Star College is holding open house events in January and February at various campuses for the Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL), a membership program for adults age 50-plus who are interested in expanding their horizons with others in a learning environment.