The purpose of program review at Lone Star College System is to systemically examine programs. Several quality indicators have been identified, including 10 core indicators, 11 workforce program indicators, and 6 program-specific indicators. The review relies on some pre-existing information sources, such as reports to the THECB, and some new information sources, including surveys of students, graduates, former students, employers and advisory committees.
The review process is a joint responsibility of program and district staff. Programs are reviewed on a four-year cycle, and new programs are reviewed after at least two years of data have accumulated.
- Data on workforce credit programs is provided by the Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness
- Program Review Process (Word document)
- Quality Indicators - list of indicators and measures used in Program Review (Word document)
- Timeline - This timeline includes deadlines and responsible participants for each step in the program review process.
- Current four-year cycle of programs for review
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions about program review and the quality indicators tables.
Please contact Patricia.A.McDougall@LoneStar.edu if you have concerns about your individual program's schedules.
Programs to be reviewed 2012-2013
|Geographic Information Systems||x||GISC|
|Business/Management||x||x||x||x||x||BMGT, BUSG,BUSI,HRPO, IBUS, MRKG|
|Medical Assisting||x||x||MDCA, ECRD|
|Occupational Therapy Assistant||x||x||OTHA|
|Physical Therapy Assistant||x||PTHA|