Lone Star College Promise
What Is the Lone Star College Promise?
The College Promise is a scholarship and community service program that provides two years of “last-dollar scholarship” for a college education at any Lone Star College location and is funded by the Lone Star College Foundation.
The scholarship application timeline is as follows:
- to be awarded for the spring semester the application opens November 15 and closes on December 15.
- to be awarded for the fall semester the application opens March 15 and closes on July 15.
Why Lone Star College Promise?
The College Promise program is designed to reduce financial barriers to college and provide students with assistance to navigate and complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or TASFA (Texas Application for State Financial Aid) and the admissions process to attend Lone Star College.
LSC created the program to provide more opportunity for students to pursue and complete their higher education and break down the barriers to earning a college degree for in-district students. Lone Star College is committed to student access, equality, success and completion.
The LSC Promise will fund the balance of tuition and mandatory fees due for students that still demonstrate financial need after all Federal grant and scholarship awards are used to pay for tuition and fees. Books are not covered. It is not a loan and does not have to be paid back.
12 Credit Hours
Students must be full-time and enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester to be eligible.
15 Volunteer Hours
Students must participate in a minimum of 15 hours of community service each fall and spring semester.
Steps to Apply
|Complete the Lone Star College admissions process.|
|Complete the FAFSA or TASFA (LSC FAFSA Code: 011145)|
|Apply for the Lone Star College Promise Scholarship.|
|Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours.|
- Qualify for in-district tuition.
- Enrolled in an Associate Degree program (seeking first degree).
- Complete at least 80 percent of enrolled credit classes each semester.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 semester and cumulative GPA.
Maintaining Program Eligibility
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Successfully enroll and complete 12 credit hours each fall and spring semester.
- Complete 15 hours of community service each fall and spring semester.
Please remember that if you are selected for verification as it relates to your FAFSA or TASFA you must complete that process by July 31 to be awarded.