Prospective Honors Students
To be eligible to join the LSC-North Harris Honors College, first year students must meet one of the following criteria:
- A high school GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
- 1150 or higher on the SAT
- 26 or higher combined score on the ACT
Current or transfer students may enroll in the Honors College if they have maintained a 3.25 GPA during 9 hours of completed college credit.
The Spring 2017 application is now open (please click here to apply). to view our Spring 2017 Honors sections please email northHarrisHonors@Lonestar.edu.
Students graduating from the Honors College receive recognition for their achievements in a variety of different ways. Students who plan to graduate from the Honors College must complete an Application for Honors Graduation with the Honors Program coordinator. The Spring 2017 Honors College graduation deadline is February 1, 2017! Contact the Honors College office at 281-618-1149 for more information.
Students must indicate under which of the following options they plan to graduate:
- Graduate with Honors in Research – Completion of 9 Honors credits, 3.50 GPA
- Graduate with High Honors in Research – Completion of 15 Honors credits, 3.50 GPA
- Graduate with Highest Honors in Research – Completion of 21 Honors credits, 3.50 GPA
- Honors Scholar – Completion of Honors Scholar contract (includes 25 hours of internship); 3.50 GPA
Note: The Honors Scholar Contract may only be attempted after successful completion of 9 honors credits OR after successful completion of 6 honors credits with concurrent enrollment in an additional 3 or more honors credits