As a requestor of information from LSCS you are responsible to:
- Submit a written request according to LSCS established procedures;
- Include enough description and detail to accurately identify the information;
- Cooperate with LSCS to clarify or properly identify the information;
- Respond promptly in writing to all written communications from LSCS;
- Make a timely payment for all valid charges
- Keep all appointments for the inspection or the receiving of information.
As a requestor of information from LSCS you have the right to:
- Receive treatment equal to all other requestors;
- Receive a written statement of estimated charges when charges exceed $40;
- Choose whether to inspect the requested information, receive a copy of the information, or both;
- Be notified when LSCS asks the Attorney General for a ruling on whether the information may be withheld from disclosure;
- Receive a copy of the communication from LSCS asking the Attorney General for a ruling on whether the information may be withheld;
- Lodge a written complaint with the Office of the Attorney General regarding any alleged violation of the Texas Public Information Act.