Employee International Travel
PRELIMINARY TRAVEL FORMS FOR LSCS EMPLOYEES
- Submit Form ORM-T-2013-01: Approval of College Sponsored Student Travel (Employee Only, if applicable).
- Travel Authorization- Complete and submit a LSCS Travel Authorization prior to any LSCS travel and expenditures. Please refer to the LSCS Administration and Finance Manual for information regarding travel expenses and processes.
- Vehicle Rental: Submit form ORM-T-2013-09 to request approval (please allow 10 business days for processing). Please note you must be an approved LSCS driver to rent a vehicle.
- International Travel: LSCS Employee Health Insurance Confirmation: If you are enrolled in the LSCS United Healthcare Health Select of Texas insurance plan contact United Health care, prior to your departure, to confirm your health insurance coverage during your travels outside the United States. See out of area benefits.
- Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) - Register your travel with the local United States Embassy. The Embassy will be better prepared to contact you in case of a family emergency, natural disaster or civil unrest.
If travel is approved, all LSCS employees must complete and submit the following forms:
Retention of Documents: If traveling on behalf of LSCS you must register your trip with the Office of Risk Management as follows:
YYYYMMDD-CC-Group-Country-Employee Last Name, First Initial
YYYYMMDD: Departure date of trip
CC: campus (i.e., NH, KC, TB, MC, CF)
Group: Study Abroad (SA); Faculty International Explorations (FIE); Jakarta Campus (JC); International Travel (IT)
Country: Destination country you are traveling to
Last Name, First Initial
Step 2: Send the scanned file to the Office of Risk Management at RiskManagement@LoneStar.edu
Step 3: You may include student form OGC-S-2009-16 (Student Participant Agreement) with your scanned documents.
- ORM-T-2013-06: Incident Report
- OGC-S-2010-10: Time Away (Independent Travel)
- ORM-T-2013-08: Emergency Contact ID Card – Complete, print and carry with you at all times.
Recommended tips and resources for safe travel:
- Go to Travel.State.Gov – research any travel warnings associated with your destination.
- Travel Insurance
- Foreign Liability Package Information for LSCS Employees
- LSCS Executive Assistance Services
- LSCS Executive Assistance Services Passport Stickers
- Phone Service: SKYPE and/or Viber
- Make two copies of the following documents: (leave one copy with a friend/family member; take the other copy with you)
Credit card(s) that you plan to take along