Become a Senator
The Student Government Association efforts to give voice to the LSC-Kingwood student body. Get to know your college administrators, network with other students and learn what it takes to impact change in your community by applying to be a Senator.
Senators are responsible for assisting the Executive Board members with meeting and event:
- Committee leadership (Chair or Co-Chair)
- And logistics (set-up, clean-up, organizing)
The commitment is designed to be a stepping stone for those interested in running for the Executive Board. Please contact SGA for inquiries or apply online.
Join a Committee
- Campus Carry Forum - Campus Carry goes into effect at LSC in August 2017. Attend the forum to learn how the law will impact your campus.
- Safety Policy Development - Student perceptions of safety will be considered as the Safety Committee provides student feedback to campus policy makers.
- Cody Calls - Multiple auditions are held throughout this year to grow our pack of Cody the Coyote student mascots. No experience required. Come join the fun!
- School Pride - Join in the fun as our SGA creates enthusiasm and school spirit for you and your peers. Show your Coyote pride and get your howl on!
- Voter Registration Drive - Encourage your peers to use their voice and constitutional right by voting in the election.
- Meet the President - Student forum with Campus President, Dr. Katherine Persson. Lunch provided.
- LSC-Kingwood Food Fair - Help feed local familiars with a drive-thru food fair. Food is provided by a local food bank and is given away in the parking lot on campus.
- Houston Food Bank - Volunteer your time at the Houston Food Bank with SGA, and make a difference in your community!
- Baby Shower Donations - Help local moms by assisting with the SGA donation drive for expecting mothers in need of clothing, toiletries and other baby items.
Data & Survey Committee
- Data Collection - Through various ways, this group collects student feedback data and shares it with administrators and policy makers. This committee works closely with the Safety Committee.