STEM-Prep Pathway Courses
These courses are currently in development with an anticipated start date of Spring 2016.
STEM-Prep Pathway (Reasoning With Functions I and II)
Lone Star College - Kingwood professors Suzie Goss and Lyle O'Neal are on the state STEM-prep pathways committee.
STEM Prep builds algebraic skills and understanding through applications and contexts from specific STEM-related programs of study. Depending on the program, these students may be preparing to enter the Calculus track or may need strong algebraic skills to enter other science and technical courses.
- Description of STEM-Prep Pathways
- Description of Reasoning with Functions I and II
- Outcomes for Reasoning with Functions I
- Article - "They Will Need It For Calculus"
- Article - "Driving the Design of the STEM-Prep Pathway"
Here is how this will differ from the traditional algebra sequence: