1. What is Coop/Internship Education?
- Cooperative Education offers the student college credits for practical work experience related to career goals. Each student is assigned to a coordinator who will work individually with him/her throughout the semester.
- In addition, the student will generate at least four(4) job-related learning objectives in the work place.
2. What is the purpose of the program?
- The program integrates students into the "real world" by providing experiences that will encompass activities, problems and rewards of a chosen profession.
- Also, the program aids students in the examination of career choices through exploratory experiences and enables him/her to set long-term goals.
3. What is the student's responsibility under the Program?
- Students must locate a job related to their degree plan. He/she may seek assistance from Lone Star College-Kingwood BTSS Division and Career Services Office.
- Student must complete their work experience plus 16 hours of professional development via a LSC-Online portion of this coop class.
- Students must have approval of department chair or faculty member in the department of their field of study.
- Students must complete 320 work hours during the semester.
4. How are students graded?
A student successfully meets the Student Responsibilities of Lone Star College-Kingwood's BTSS Division Coop/Internship Program if he/she:
- Completes weekly time sheets and submits them to the coordinator.
- Submits portfolio notebook of semester objectives, completed work samples and documentation. The work supervisor must approve the portfolio before it is given to the Lone Star College-Kingwood coordinator.
- Participates in class discussions.
- Completes class assignments on work related topics such as resumes and interviews.
- Receives a favorable review from his/her job supervisor.
- Failure to meet these student responsibilities may result in a low grade for the student
5. Who can help me find a job?
- Contact Lone Star College-Kingwood Career Center at 281.312.1435.
- Online employment postings are found here http://www.collegecentral.com/lonestar/
- Helpful Job Search Websites - including internships
- Contact BTSS Division Counselor Sharon Kenemore 281.312.1574.