Our Mission Defined
The LSC-CyFair Tennis Team was formed as an outlet for students to participate in individual sports, develop social skills, engage and demonstrate sportsmanship both on and off the court, have fun, be physically active, and play inter-league matches against other clubs and colleges. Our focus for our program truly emphasizes having fun and giving back to the community.
- We were chosen as Runner-Up Club Tennis Team of the Year in the state of Texas for the 2014 academic year.
Qualifications and Restrictions
- No member is required to be enrolled in a tennis class and/or any other specific class.
- All members must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Lone Star College-CyFair
- You must maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA
- You cannot be on academic probation.
Any and all prospective members should contact Coach Jimmy Nguyen if interested in joining the Tennis Team.
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7-9 pm
Tryouts for the Fall 2018 semester will be September 4 & 6 at 7:00 pm at the LSC-CyFair tennis courts. For more information contact Jimmy Nguyen.
The Tennis Team competes throughout the state of Texas and the United States in order to promote tennis competitions at other two-year colleges, such as other Lone Star College campuses and the Houston Community College, and four-year institutions like the University of Houston, Rice University, Texas A&M University, University of Texas, Houston Community College, and Baylor University.
The LSC-CyFair Tennis Team is exceptionally committed to building on past mistakes and demonstrating to its members that everyone is a winner as long as they give it their best and have fun. Whether you enjoy competing against schools in Texas or in the occasional National Competitions, this team offers a variety of ways to challenge its students to strive for excellence.