LSC-North Harris Career And Successful Transfer (CAST) Lab
How we can help
The CAST Lab is your destination for assistance and advising related to careers and transferring to a university. The lab and its staff can help you explore your career and transfer options and guide you through the process of transitioning into a career or transferring to a four-year university.
- Resume development and cover letter preparation
- LSC CareerStar website and job search assistance
- Interviewing skills and professional etiquette
- University transfer literature, including brochures, transfer guides, flyers and other information
- Guidance with accessing and understanding the most current university degree plans
- Direct connections to university transfer admission and advising representatives
- Computer workstations to navigate websites with assistance from staff
Assess your personality, interests and values before exploring different careers to learn which careers would be more satisfying to you. Free assessments for you to use can be found through our LSC System Career Services website at http://www.lonestar.edu/career-planning.htm.
Please visit the LSC-North Harris CAST Lab in order to create your own Choices360 account which provides tools and resources including an interest profiler, career finder, resume builder, cover letter creator, job interview practice, and so much more!
Another free career Interest Profiler assessment is available online at http://www.texascareercheck.com/.
This website provides information about occupations, with emphasis on the Texas labor market. The Interest Profiler can help you identify occupations that align well with the things you like to do.
Visit O*NET, the Occupational Information Network, at http://online.onetcenter.org. O*NET can tell you the areas of knowledge, skills, and abilities required for different occupations. It also details the work activities, work styles, and work values of people employed in those occupations. Lastly, you will find related occupations and wage and employment information on O*NET.
Transferring to a University?
Let us help you explore all the options available for transferring from Lone Star College to a four-year university.
Research/compare schools and explore transfer scholarship opportunities at CollegeFish.org**
(**Must use my.lonestar.edu email address to create an account)
Check out our upcoming events
Popular Transfer Guides
- Admissions Criteria/Special Major Requirements
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Technology - Computer Engineering Technology
- College of Technology - Computer Information Systems
- College of Technology - Construction Management
- College of Technology - Digital Media
- College of Technology - Electrical Power Engineering Technology
- College of Technology - Mechanical Engineering Technology
Visit us today
LSC Success Guide (pdf)