Special Topic: Attack on America
Archived News Responses
- Congressional Quarterly Press: Recent Terrorism Events
This Web site provides material from a variety of CQ Press sources relevant to the issues. Sources include encyclopedia articles, such as Jihad and Theocracy; three issues of The CQ Researcher offering in-depth studies on Combating Terrorism, Islamic Fundamentalism and the Middle East Conflict; and more.
- BBC News: "Attack on America"
- PBS: "America Responds"
- Boston Globe: US Under Attack, War on Terror
- Christian Science Monitor: September 11 The Day the World Changed
- Ebrary Searchable Archive of Ebook Resources on 9/11
" In support of the 10th anniversary of 9/11, ebrary is offering open access to a collection of relevant e-books through September. We hope that this collection provides a valuable resource to anyone seeking to learn or understand more about this tragic event, or reflect on its world impact." (added 8/26/2011)
- Television Archive
"The events of September 11th affected the entire world. Reactions around the globe have been captured in this archive of television news broadcasts from the period following the attacks. We invite you to explore the collection and share your thoughts with other archive users."
- Academic Info: American Studies: Terrorist Attack on America
- Academic Info: Afghanistan Studies "The Islamic State of Afghanistan" with links to News, Organizations and a Digital Library
- America's War Against Terrorism
Exceptional "Special Topic" page created by Grace York, University of Michigan's Government Document Center. Please note. some resources are limited to University of Michigan students & staff.
- Carnegie Endowment: Terrorism and Counter-Radicalization
"Experts assess the global war on terror, focusing in particular on promising counter-radicalization programs that aim to rehabilitate former radicals and, ultimately, prevent radicalization through a combination of outreach, engagement, and after-care."
- Religious Tolerance Organization: The Terrorist Attack on NYC and Washington DC 2001-SEP-11
- Terrorism Research Center
- TIME.com: One Nation, Indivisible
Special Report from Time Magazine; includes Photo Essays, Video and Latest Developments.
- The Washington Post: America at War: from 911 to Iraq & Afghanistan
Looking Back: 911 & the Wars in Iraq & Afghanistan
- Social Science Research Council: After Sept. 11
Perspectives from the Social Sciences
- History Commons: Complete 911 Timeline
- Afghanistan Before and After 9/11 from the Perspective of an Afghan Muslim studying near Ground Zero
A paper by NYU Student Fareed Tokhi from December, 2001
- ThinkProgress: The Architects of War: Where Are They Now?
- Why We Went to War
An opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal by Douglas Feith, Under-Secretary of Defense for Policy from 2001 to 2005.
- Greenspan: Ouster Of Hussein Crucial For Oil Security
Article by Bob Woodward in The Washington Post on former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's statements regarding motivations for the War in Iraq.
- FBI Most Wanted Terrorists: Usama Bin Laden