For LSC-University Center at Montgomery Faculty: Library In-Class Instruction
Through the LSC-University Center at Montgomery Library, your students have access to the same wide variety of library resources available at their home universities.
- Many students do not take advantage of these resources simply because they are unaware of them, or don't know how to use them.
- In-Class Library Instruction is available to introduce to your students to these research tools and explain their use.
- The LSC-University Center at Montgomery Librarian will come to your class and give a short (1/2-hour to 1-hour) tutorial presentation.
- If you prefer, this presentation can be given in the library or computer lab
- The earlier in their academic careers your students learn to use these resources, the better their chances will be to achieve academic success!
Please call (936-273-7562) or email (Scott.A.Gilbert@lonestar.edu) the Librarian, Scott Gilbert to set up an appointment for your class. Each session will be customized for your specific discipline and home university.
Topics covered include:
- What a librarian can do for you
- How to have books & other materials delivered to the LSC-University Center at Montgomery
- How to evaluate information sources
- How to find reliable information on the Internet
- Choosing the best research databases for your topic
- How to operate research databases and take advantage of their unique features
- Citing sources in a project and where to get help with citation
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Using leading edge study tools and applications available on the internet
PS. Students are also welcome to come by my office for an individual Library Instruction session. Call ahead if you can to make an appointment.
Scott Gilbert, Reference Librarian