Statistics & Data
- American FactFinder (US Census Bureau)
"Your source for population, housing, economic, and geographic data."
- U.S. Census Bureau Homepage
- Census Bureau Maps and Data
Maps and geographic data to view, download, and purchase (inexpensive).
- Census Bureau Population Clock
Accurate counts of US and World population.
- BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2015
World-wide statistics on oil, gas, coal, nuclear energy, hydroelectricity: Reserves, consumption, trade, etc.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
Statistics from the Justice Department track the crime in America.
- Data and Statistics About the United States
"Your guide to regional economic data on the web."
- Economic Statistics
The Bureau of Economic Analysis reports the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the Gross State Product (GSP), national personal income figures, and more.
- Encyclopedia of Educational Statistics
Annual reports published by The National Center for Economic Statistics, and other Center publications.
- FDIC U. S. State Profiles
Data sheet summations of banking and economic conditions in each U. S. state.
- Health Statistics from the CDC
The Centers for Disease Control presents a massive statistical study of the health of Americans. Categories include overweight, diseases, births and deaths.
- International Statistics: OFFSTATS
"OFFSTATS lists web sites offering free and easily accessible social, economic and general data from official or similar "quotable" sources, especially those that provide both current data and time series." From University of Auckland Library, New Zealand.
- Labor Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics is the home of the CPI - Consumer Price Index. Also stats on employment, labor force, job injuries, and many more workforce-related items.
- National Atlas of the United States
- National Center for Educational Statistics
"NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United States and other nations."
- The U.S. Public Debt to the Penny
How much do we owe right now? Additional links to historical information.
- State & County QuickFacts
"Quick & easy access to facts about people, business, and geography." from the United States Census Bureau. Includes Year 2000 Census Data.
- State of the Cities
"The SOCDS provides data for individual Metropolitan Areas, Central Cities, and Suburbs."
- State Fact Sheets
from the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Texas State Data Center
Office of the state demographer
- Transportation Statistics
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics provides stats on aviation, fatal accidents, international travel, and highway statistics archives for 1994 and 1995.
- United States Historical Census Data Browser