Students interested in financial aid apply through the Office of Financial Aid of their "home" university after applying for admission. As defined in the financial aid consortium agreement created among the partners of LSC-University Center at The Woodlands, students may enroll in courses from another partner university which are accepted as support in the student's degree program. If eligible for financial aid, students can receive their package from their "home" university. Students reapply for financial aid each year.

Follow these steps: file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form available on the web, at LSC-University Center at The Woodlands, or from any university financial aid Office.

  • Financial aid is awarded on an availability basis: contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. Note any additional paperwork required and special deadline dates.
  • Submit financial aid transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended, whether or not financial aid was received.
  • Submit a copy of the student's income tax return. Dependent students provide the parent's return(s).
Partner University Financial Aid Information


Special scholarships are available to students transferring from Lone Star College System. Contact the Student Services Office (936.273.7510 or 936.321.4500 or email -- hours) for details and application information. Be sure to check The Lone Star College-University Center home page for announcements and opportunities. LSC-University Center at The Woodlands Library maintains a Career & College web page with links to financial aid web sites, career information and testing resource.

Veterans Affairs
Armed forces veteran students using their educational benefits contact the Veterans Affairs Office at the "home" university. Re-certification is necessary each semester to continue drawing benefits. The Student Services Office at LSC-University Center at The Woodlands can provide some information and forms, as can the Veteran Affairs Office at the Lone Star College System office.

Partner University Veterans Affairs Information
Lamar University | National American UniversityOur Lady of the Lake University | Sam Houston State University | Stephen F. Austin State University | University of St. Thomas | University of Houston