Step 1: Apply to Lone Star College
- Apply for admission
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges attended accredited and non-accredited
- Submit official Military transcripts
- Please be aware that once your application for admittance is accepted, Your myLoneStar email address will serve as the primary point of contact
Step 2: Request Transcript
- Request a copy of your military transcript
- Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard
- Air Force (Community College of the Air Force)
- Request copies of transcripts from all colleges and/ or universities previously attended.
- Complete the College Credit for Heroes Worksheet
Step 3: Apply for VA Benefits
- If your benefits have never been used or applied for complete the VA form 22-1990 an application for VA Education Benefits
- If you are a Transferring students fill out VA form 22-1995 a change of program or place of training
- Please print the VONAPP confirmation page and retain with student records
Step 4 Apply for Financial Aid
VA Educational Benefits do not prevent you from receiving financial aid
- Complete FAFSA application (LSCS school code: 011145).
Step 5 Advisement and Registration
- Speak with a Campus Veteran Liaison
- Speak with a VA Academic Advisor
- Complete any necessary testing. (testing requirements will be determined by VA Advisor)
- Register for Classes
Step 6 Request for Certification
- Please have all required documents prior to submitting your request for certification. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- Submit “Request for Certification” each semester
- Please be sure to check your MyLoneStar email account daily. This is the email account that will be used for all correspondence. The Veterans Affairs office will email you if we run into any problems during the certification process.