Vet Tech Job Opportunities
Northpoint Animal Hospital
Position: Veterinary Technician
Description: Busy 2-doctor practice in Tomball at 249 and Northpointe Blvd. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking full-time veterinary technician. All skill levels considered - willing to train the ideal applicant.
Must be available to work between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6p.m. weekdays and 7am to 1pm Saturdays. (rotating weekend schedule) We offer competitive compensation, paid vacation, 401k retirement plan and generous pet benefits.
Contact: Dr. Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-290-7300.
Moore Equine Medical & Dental Services
Do you enjoy horses and people? Are you a motivated individual who thrives in a rewarding and challenging work atmosphere? Progressive, fast-paced one doctor mobile equine veterinary practice based out of Georgetown, TX is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented part-time equine ambulatory veterinary technician/assistant to join our equine care support staff. The purpose of this position is to travel with an ambulatory veterinarian throughout the day to various locations, examining and treating horses of all ages. The ambulatory technician is responsible for assisting the veterinarian with his daily duties. This is a part-time position that requires a flexible schedule. Personal growth is a goal for all employees; we are willing to teach people who are anxious to learn. Horse handling skills mandatory. Applicant must have at least five years experience working with horses.
• Holding, restraining and jogging horses of all ages for procedures
• Preparing and cleaning medical instrumentation and equipment and site
• Inventory management and stocking the veterinarian’s vehicle with essential medications and equipment
• Assisting with medical procedures including surgery, dentistry, radiology, ultrasonography, endoscopy, laboratory..etc
• Preparing billing and medical records. Complete required forms
• Schedule appointments; communicate with clients on the phone and in person.
• Driving ambulatory truck to various farm calls
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
• At least 5 years experience in handling horses.
• License/Certification Required: None. Preferred: Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT)
• Required: Valid Texas drivers’ license.
• Flexible hours are essential, as overtime will be required at times of emergencies.
• Knowledge of general horse behavior and excellent horse-handling skills. Ability to manage horses of different disciplines and of different ages.
• Able to accomplish detailed and accurate work.
• Able to utilize time management skills.
• Able to work well with others and work unsupervised in stressful environments.
• Able to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
• Able to recognize problems and communicate with the ambulatory veterinarian
• Able to maintain a high productivity level.
• A basic understanding of math is required.
• Ability to carry up to 50 pounds for a short distance and lead horses at a fast-paced jog.
• Team-oriented, self-motivated, and positive with strong work ethics.
• Efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Language requirements are reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly in English.
• Able to work safely and effectively in highly stressful situations in a closed work environment.
• Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, walking, running, holding horses, lifting up to 50 lbs unaided, climbing, and sitting. Must be capable of full body movement, including both hands.
• Ability to be self-productive and follow through on tasks assigned
• Ability to contribute to the efficiency of the ambulatory veterinarian’s day
• Ability to drive a large vehicle
• Must be punctual
Salary is commensurate with skills, experience and ability.
Background check, motor vehicle records history, and drug testing required.
Contact: If you are interested in a career working with a great clientele and amazing horses, please fill out the application at http://mooredvm.com/new/job-application No visits, emails or phone calls please!
Wilcrest Animal Hospital
Description: FULL TIME VETERINARY TECHNICIAN wanted for busy west Houston AAHA practice. We are a three doctor practice staffed with a professional and dedicated team of technicians, receptionists, kennel techs and manager. We are currently seeking an experienced technician to join our team. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, be able to lift 50 pounds and have a strong desire to help people and their pets. We only see dogs and cats. Are you looking for a position where you can utilize the skills you worked so hard to learn? Look no further. We will put those skills to use. We practice medicine at a high skill with an emphasis on dentals.
Pay is D.O.E. Benefits include paid sick and vacation time, medical insurance, allowance for scrubs and CE’s as well as a generous discount on products and services.
Wilcrest Animal Hospital
704 Wilcrest Dr.
Houston, Texas 77042 or by phone
Sugar Land Veterinary Specialists
Our services include Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are still a fast-growing hospital offering 24-hour care of pets with around the clock Intensive Care Unit technicians.
We are in search of compassionate, career veterinary technicians for our specialty & emergency sections. These technicians should possess the skills necessary to provide quality care to pets and compassionate client service for their owners. We prefer an LVT and/or 2 years experience in a veterinary setting, as well as client service experience.
To apply, please email the following to :email@example.com
(1) Cover letter including: any schedule restrictions you have (unavailable times/days), a summary of what career goals you have achieved and are still working towards.
(2) Your resume (.doc or .pdf format).
(3) 3 business/professional references that we may contact
Heights Veterinary Clinic
Position: Veterinary Technician
Description: Veterinary Technician needed for 2 doctor small animal practice in the Cypress/Willowbrook area. We are looking for an LVT or equivalent with hands-on experience to help grow our practice. The right candidate would be professional, positive, dependable and willing to teach others. This person would share our commitment to pet families and quality patient care. They would also have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a full time position 40+ hour a week position where you would get to exercise your skills all areas of the hospital including surgery, radiology, laboratory, pharmacy and exam rooms.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. If you are looking for a great opportunity to be a part of a fantastic team,
Contact: email your resume' for consideration to Krystal Law at firstname.lastname@example.org
FM 1488 Animal Medical Center
Position: Veterinary Technicians
Description: Looking to really use the skills you learned in Tech School? Look no further than FM 1488 Animal Medical Center. We are a bustling, full service, 3 doctor Small Animal Hospital located in Magnolia. We are seeking highly qualified, full time technicians who are capable of IV catheter placement, intubation, surgical assistance, venipuncture, radiology, and much, much more. Our technicians are utilized to the fullest. Benefits include a competitive salary, uniform’s, IRA, paid time off, a generous CE allowance, and discounted veterinary care for your pets.
• Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Obtain relevant information in order to maintain proper and complete medical charts.
• Utilize technical skills to the fullest, including blood drawing, catheter placement, dentistry, surgery, pharmacy and nursing care.
• Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
• Providing client education regarding preventive care, and helping Veterinarian in treatment and surgeries.
• Running in-house laboratory tests, and dental prophys.
• Ability to work with small animals under conditions with loud noises & strong odors.
• Ability to stand, walk, kneel, climb, lift, carry & move up to 50 pounds.
• Must pass background check and drug test.
• Willingness to work hours that include Saturdays.
Compensation/benefits: commensurate with education, training and experience.
Contact: If you
are interested please send your resume to
West Oaks Animal Hospital
Contact: Please submit cover letter with resume and salary expectations to Nicole Benoit, LVT via email at email@example.com
Cypress Fairhaven Animal Hospital
Position: Experienced Veterinary Technician
Description: We are a very fast paced animal hospital - Catering to the Cypress/Fairfield area, located off of Mueschke Rd close to 290. We see small animal dogs/cats and exotics as well. ( reptiles/pocket pets )
We just hired our 4th doctor, and have now opened on Sundays. We do surgical procedures Monday thru Friday, ranging from spay/neuters to orthopedic procedures. I am interested in a technician with experience working in a clinic, at least 2 years. Definitely hands on experience as well - such as -
-Placing IV catheters
-Running lab work ( we have Abaxis machines - easy to use )
-Client Communication - teching rooms/answering phones/educating clients
-Lifting bigger patients
-Prepping surgical patients
Contact: Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the clinic @ 15820 Mueschke Rd Cypress TX 77433.
Bay Area Veterinary Specialists
Position: Overnight ICU Technician
Description: We currently have an exciting opportunity in our ICU department for a veterinary technician in our fast-paced, cutting edge specialty hospital in southeast Houston. We are committed to excellence in providing the best possible care of every patient, client and referring veterinarian.
Compassionate, motivated, self-reliant team player sought. Candidates must be able to multitask with good cheer, possess a high energy level, and demonstrate a strong work ethic, positive attitude and attention to detail.
Salary is commensurate with experience, aptitude and attitude. Our benefits package includes paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance allowance, CE allowance, discounted veterinary services, uniform allowance and more.
Contact: Please contact J. Lunney, DVM, DACVIM (Internal Medicine, Cardiology) at email@example.com or 832.723.4640
Texas A & M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic
Position: Lead Technician
Description: Join Our Team! TVMDL is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Lead Technician position in the Clinical Pathology Section located at the College Station lab.
This position is responsible for the following:
Perform clinical chemistry testing on blood and body fluids using a multi channel clinical chemistry analyzer. Perform and document required analyzer maintenance. Prepare reagents and calibrators using pipets, graduated cylinders, and other laboratory equipment. Verify system accuracy by running control samples and analyzing LeveyJennings charts. Analyze of blood and body fluids using an automated analyzer and manual microscopy. Verify automated analyzer accuracy by running control samples and analyzing LeveyJennings charts. Perform and document required analyzer maintenance. Perform urinalysis testing using manual methods and microscopy. Prepare cytological samples for pathologists and perform other various clinical testing, as indicated. Assist Assistant Section Head with supervision of technicians, student workers, and medical records transcriptionist. Recognize staff training needs and ensure training is obtained. Ensure employees provide high quality, consistent and positive customer service with laboratory clients and colleagues. Assist with maintaining adequate inventory of consumables. Conduct statistical analysis, evaluate test results relative to species information and to established reference materials; analyze QA/QC and periodically assess procedures and identify problems that may adversely affect test performance. Recommend TVMDL lab ranges for Clinical Chemistry QC ranges for new lot numbers of assayed controls after data review using established quality control guidelines. Perform troubleshooting in conjunction with technical service support on instrumentation in clinical pathology. Participate in method validation studies and test development processes.
Please click "Apply" below to learn more about the position.
Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory is an
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Veterans, Disability Employer.
Blackhorse Animal Hospital
Position: Licensed Veterinary Assistant
Description: If you are looking for a fun, fast pace practice to join. Consider joining our team of technicians at Blackhorse Animal Hospital. We are a small animal, 2 doctor practice located off of highway 290 and Fry Rd. We are seeking full time employment for qualified applicants.
Responsibilities for this position are as follows but are not limited to:
• Restraint for both canine and feline patients
• Assisting doctors in appointments
• Administration of vaccines
• Communication with clients
• Provide care for hospitalized patients
• Surgical assistance and anesthetic monitoring
Skills Intubation/extubation Venipuncture • IVC placement • Take TPR of both canine and feline patients • Work with computers and multi-line phones • Basic math and spelling • Understanding of anesthesia machine • Perform dental cleanings
Graduate from an AVMA accredited Veterinary technology program. New graduate welcome!
Benefits • Closed on all holidays and weekends • PTO • 401k
Contact: Please email all resumes to Michelle Schroeder at Michelleschroeder8477@comcast.net
American Humane Association
Position: Veterinary Assistants
Description: American Humane Association’s renowned No Animals Were Harmed® program is seeking individuals with backgrounds in animal science, husbandry or welfare to serve as On-Call Certified Animal Safety Representatives (CASR) representing AHA’s No Animals Were Harmed® program on motion picture, television, commercial and new media locations in Austin and the surrounding area to ensure the humane treatment of animal actors.
For more than 100 years American Humane Association has been the nation’s leading voice for the protection of children and animals, the most vulnerable in our communities. As the oldest national humane organization – and the only one devoted to this dual mission and the power of the human-animal bond - American Humane Association has since 1877 been at the forefront of virtually every major advance in the prevention of abuse and neglect and the promotion of our most precious assets.
Responsible for representing American Humane Association’s No Animals Were Harmed® program, on motion picture, television, commercial, and new media locations, to assure the humane treatment of animal performers, to document how the animals are housed and cared for, how various scenes and /or stunts using animal performers are accomplished. To advise regarding animal safety issues and uphold AHA’s Guidelines For The Safe Use Of Animals In Filmed Media. Work includes critical and sensitive contacts with animal trainers, production executives, crew members and occasionally the media.
Responsibilities:• Monitoring Animal Action in Filmed Media
Educate film personnel in humane matters, assist in any manner that pertains to the animals that are performing in the film, and ensure the safety and welfare of the animal(s) involved.
Contact: To apply, please or email resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org