Shawn Karol Sandy
Founder and Chief Revenue Officer of The Selling Agency
Unconventional times call for unconventional people. Extraordinary results require not only extraordinary effort, but more importantly, extraordinary insight, strategy, planning and execution.
Shawn delivers a truly unique perspective having earned many titles: Market Director, Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Marketing Director, Development Director, Business Manager, Entrepreneur . . . She has conquered, redefined and re-engineered these roles in multiple organizations – big, small, independent, non profit – and in multiple industries – Media, Retail, Higher Education, and Corporate Real Estate. Her business, The Selling Agency, uses these experiences to create strong sales programs focused on Organization Selling and strategies that focus on the goal of every business – revenue growth.
Straightforward, practical and perhaps slightly cheeky, her innate gift is helping people find new ways to solve old problems, unique ways to approach new problems and helping businesses re-invent themselves and their sales strategies. With Bold and Brave thought leadership and Clear Action Plans, her impact on business is Measurable and Meaningful and will lead your sales revolution to growth and revenue goals.
With over 15 years of changing the game and leading the pack, here are some of the dynamic applications Shawn has brought to the businesses she has touched:
- Created the “4 Building Blocks of a Selling Organization”
- Innovative Approach to Reverse Engineer Sales and Marketing Relationships
- High lmpact Prospect and Client Target Methodology
- Set NEW standards for Thought Leadership and Organizational Experiences
- Develop Operations, Finance and Sales and Marketing Crossover Culture
- Implement New, Leaner Strategies to Efficiently Service Clients and Produce Deliverables
- Coach the Brand Voice that is Strong, Differentiating and Penetrating and can be heard from each and every employee in the organization.
- Shawn is an artist with a love for watercolor and acrylics, food, and music and has a husband and two junior “agents” that round out her joy. She owns her kookiness and encourages all kinds of ruckus.
Here’s her “top ten things about me” interview:
- I can’t sing. I love music but . . . Blegh. Singing is bad.
- My kids like my pancakes and when I do kartwheels.
- My husband calls me “Back of the Page Girl” because I always needed more room to complete the essay questions. ie – I’m thorough.
- I talk to my coffee.
- My bosses have all been just a little bit scared of me.
- When someone tells me “no” in my head I hear, “try another angle.”
- I’ll try anything once. Unless it’s stupid. That’d be stupid.
- If we were lost in the woods, I’d give you the shirt off my back … then I’d make a new one out of leaves and vines and try figure out how to manufacture them in bulk and sell them in retail outlets globally.
- I’m tragically, terrifically horrible at video games.
- Inside my brain … It’s like that scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where they go on the boat ride - only not so scary and with sprinkles.
Session: Go! Promote Yourself!
“The opportunity of a lifetime is to pick yourself. Quit waiting to get picked; quit waiting for someone to give you permission; quit waiting for someone to say you are officially qualified and pick yourself. It doesn’t mean you have to be an entrepreneur or a freelancer, but it does mean you stand up and say, ‘I have something to say. I know how to do something. I’m doing it.’”
– Seth Godin
This session will cover:
- So how do you pick yourself? What does it mean? What does it take to make that happen? GPS. Go! Promote Yourself!
- Don’t wait for someone else to “pick you”. Become your own play maker. Take charge. Be proactive. Go! Promote Yourself!
- Blaze your trail to getting what you want both Personally and Professionally. Stop Self Sabotage. Stop Second Guessing. Invest in Yourself.
- Whether you're looking for a New Job or Career, a Promotion, A New Relationship, or How to be a Better Professional, it all starts with understanding how to Promote Yourself!