The Write Place
We are the Writing-Across-the-Curriculum Writing Center at LSC - Montgomery and the Conroe Center. Our writing consultants include faculty from various disciplines. We are available for one-on-one consultations to help with any writing project at any stage of the writing process.
Location and Contact Info
|LSC-Montgomery The Write Place
Location: General Academic Center, G-103
|LSC-Conroe Center The Write Place
Make an appointment in person, by email or phone call. Otherwise, just drop by and sign in the wait list.
Hours of Operation for Summer 2018
Campus Day Time LSC-Montgomery Monday to Thursday
9:00am to 5:00pmCheck the LSCS Academic Calendar for official dates of closure.
What We Offer
- 12 Computers with Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2016 (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- One-on-one writing consultations of around 30 minutes in length
- Quick assistance whenever a consultant is available
- Dozens of reference handouts and books on writing and related topics
- Helpful website list for information and exercises
- Sample assignments from courses across the curriculum
- A page on financial literacy for practical knowledge
- Free informative workshops scheduled throughout the semester
Our writing consultants do not take over or "fix" your work, but come alongside to help you be a better writer. Our philosophy centers on the process, not a product.
We can, however, provide you with tips and techniques for brainstorming, finding a thesis, organizing, adding support, citing correctly, and other writing-related issues.
In a writing consultation, the consultant will focus on your goals and use your writing to practice strategies for meeting these goals. We provide a written record of your visit.
Writing Across the Curriculum
The Write Place is a proud supporter of the WAC Journal of Student Writing. Entries into the journal are selected for submission by a student's professor. We employ this resource as a valuable aid in our consultations.