× LoneStarCollegeALERT:


Discovery College

When does Discovery College registration start?

  • Registration begins March 5

How Can I register my child for Discovery College Courses?

  • View course schedules and course descriptions online
  • Fax registration and parent forms or walk-in to any Lone Star College Continuing Education office listed below
  • Payment is due at the time of registration

CE Registration

When does the CE semester start?

  • CE courses begin and end throughout the semester
  • Most do not last the entire semester

When can I register for a CE course?

  • Registration is ongoing. Plan to register at least a week before the course start date

How can I register for a CE course?

  • Online, fax or walk-in. Payment is due at the time of registration

Why do some CE classes have a placement test requirement?

  • Some CE classes are linked with credit classes and the same prerequisites apply

I already have a degree, why do I have to take the placement exam for some CE courses?

  • In many cases, you don't: an official transcript from your college or university is all we will need to have on file. However, students interested in the Alternative Teacher Certification Program will have to take placement tests and provide an official transcript of their degree as part of their application process.

Financial Aid

Can I get financial aid for CE courses?

  • Yes, available on a needs-basis only
  • Available for some Workforce Development programs. Students are responsible for paying a percentage of each Workforce Development course. Contact your Lone Star College for more information.
  • Complete the FAFSA online

How do I submit payment for a CE course?

  • Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), check, or cash
  • Payment is due at the time of registration

What is the refund policy?

  • No refund is provided after the class begins
  • A 100% refund is provided if a "drop/add" form is completed and submitted to the Continuing Education registration office before the class begins

What refund do I get if my class is cancelled?

  • You can transfer your payment to another class or receive a 100% refund that is processed automatically.
  • Classes are normally cancelled 3 to 5 days prior to the start date; we should notify you by phone or email
  • Refunds may take up to 20 days to receive


Do I need books for CE courses?

  • Most CE courses require a textbook
  • Go to http://www.efollet.com to find the title, ISBN title, cost and more.

When do CE courses start?

  • CE courses begin and end throughout the semester.
  • Most do not last the entire semester.

Can my teenager take CE classes?

  • Our Youth (YTHS) courses are designed especially for younger students
  • CE classes are primarily designed to serve adult learners, age 18 and up
  • Students 15 to 17 years old must have written parental permission to enroll in CE courses (not Youth)
  • Students 13 to 14 years old must have a parent enrolled in the CE same class.

Getting Credit

Do I earn credit for CE courses?

  • You earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs), which are different than traditional credit hours.
  • 1 CEU = 10 contact hours
  • Transcripts listing CEU credits satisfactorily completed are available upon request
  • CEUs are recognized internationally as a measure of substantive professional education and training

What is a Workforce Development Certificate?

  • This is a grouping of related CE courses which provides a level of technical and occupational skills acceptable by industry standards
  • A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the program

What are Linked Courses?

  • Classes that have both CE and semester credit hour (SCH) students
  • CE students are required to meet the prerequisites stated in the credit course description (see credit catalog).
  • All course requirements must be met: attendance, assignments, projects, and assessments
  • CE students will receive an S for satisfactorily completing the course or an N if the course requirements are not met

If I take a credit-linked course now, can I get college credit (SCH) for it later if I change my mind and want to get a degree?

  • Yes. Contact the campus CE Program Manager before you register to verify your course can be articulated for credit.

Career Services

Will you help me find a job?

  • Our Career Services can assist with job searches, resume building and related requests


Do you have a Sex Offender Policy?

  • Effective September 1, 2003, the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 62.03(h), requires each person who is required to register as a sex offender and who intends to be employed, work with a contractor, or attend classes at an institution of higher education, to register with the campus police department within 7 days.
  • Current Lone Star College System board policy requires that sex offenders seeking to enroll at, provide services to, or be employed with Lone Star College System, submit information pertinent to his or her offenses to the District Review Committee to determine his or her eligibility for enrollment, vendor services or employment.
  • A person seeking to be a student shall be required to be approved before completing the registration process



Make LSC part of your story.