Texas law requires certain groups of students entering college to provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination at least 10 days before the start of classes. To determine if you are affected by this requirement, please see the Required Meningitis Vaccination page.
We are an open-enrollment educational institution, and your first step is to apply for admission. Please contact one of the International Student Advisors before applying. If you are already in the US, please contact an International Student Advisor at one of our six campuses for transfer and enrollment requirements.
Enrollment at any of our six campuses involves three processes: admission, advising and course registration.
The following documents are required for admission:
You must complete all of the steps below before your application will be considered.
- Select the Lone Star campus which you would like to attend.
- Contact a DSO/International Student Advisor at the campus you have selected.
- Complete the general admissions online application.
- Complete and sign the International Student Application (PDF).
- Provide proof of Financial Support - All applicants must provide a completed and signed Financial Responsibility Statement (PDF) and 2 additional primary financial documents in USD (for example, recent savings and checking account statements) showing adequate funds for the duration of study. The DSO/International Student Advisor at each campus can provide additional information on acceptable forms of proof.
- Provide proof of English Proficiency - Individuals not proficient in English must take the COMPASS exam English as a Second Language (ESL) and be placed in the Intensive English Program. The following may be submitted as proof of proficiency:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Minimum score of 530 on written version,197 on computer version, or 71 on internet-based version.
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) - Minimum score of 700 or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - Minimum score of 7 or higher.
- TOEFL and TOEIC test scores are valid for three years.
- IELTS test scores are valid for two years.
- Official transcripts from an accredited U.S. institution showing completion of a college-level writing course (not ESOL)
- Official transcripts from a foreign institution where English is the primary language of instruction
- Completion of a Lone Star College System approved intensive English language program
- Provide evidence of high school graduation or college-level work. See the Academic Documents section below.
New Students from Outside the United States:
Your application and required documentation must be on file in the admissions office by the following dates:
- July 1st - Fall Semester
- November 1st - Spring Semester
- April 1st - Summer Session (Only for eligible change of status and transfer students. See the DSO/International Student Advisor for eligibility.)
Applicants requesting a change of status to F-1
If you are requesting a change of status to F-1, you must submit all required documentation to Lone Star College at least 30 days before the expiration date on your I-94 card. If we receive your materials less than 30 days before, we will not be able to process your request. Please contact the DSO/International Student Advisor at the campus you wish to attend for a checklist of required documents.
An F-1 student transferring from another U.S. college/university must submit the following documents to a Lone Star College System International Advisor in a timely manner:
All forms listed on this page can also be found on the Forms page.
Each campus provides an orientation session specifically for international students.
- 2013 Dates
These sessions occur before the semester begins. Be sure to verify this date with the International Student Advisor and make arrangements to attend this mandatory session.