Teaching and Learning Center
Welcome to the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at LSC-CyFair!
We promote student success through faculty and staff development opportunities. We offer a wide variety of learning opportunities, instructional media support, and a workspace for adjunct faculty. We support the LSC-CyFair vision by providing responsive, innovative, and collaborative learning opportunities and resources that prepare our faculty and staff for a lifetime of learning and change.
TLC offers the following services:
Faculty and Staff Training and Development Opportunities
- TLC Lone Star College Faculty and Staff Resource Center (LSC credential required) – Compilation of resources including teaching tips, training handouts, conference dates/locations, syllabus guidelines, new employee information, events, and newsletters.
- LSC-CyFair Professional Development Catalog (Fall 2023) – Full listing of all trainings for the current semester in an interactive catalog with the professional development opportunities coming this fall.
- Professional Development Collaborations Guide - TLC is proud to partner with departments and individuals in providing meaningful professional development (PD) events on campus. You belong in the TLC, click here to get started or contact Sarah.C.Zapata@lonestar.edu to find out more information.
- Training Calendar – View monthly workshop calendar.
- MyWorkshops (LSC credential required)– Register for upcoming workshops.
- D2L Assistance (VTAC Webinar Training Library) : Get help with D2L in-person open labs, virtual open labs, or Click Here to schedule an appointment.
Adriana Novaes is LSC-CyFair's online technologist supporting complex D2L questions, integrated software (Respondus, Softchalk, etc.), D2L forms like course merge, verifying rosters, etc., Yuja support and more!
Face to Face open labs will be held in adjunct central room TECH 105 on Mondays 4pm-5pm and Tuesday 11am-12pm. Virtual Open labs will be held on Wednesdays 12-1pm (Click to join).
Instructional Media Services
- Media Request – The TLC has limited multimedia services available for LSC Faculty and Staff instructional support. If you have an inquiry of our services, please email Sarah.C.Zapata@LoneStar.edu. For all other graphic design or video requests, please coordinate with LSC-CyFair College Relations via their request form here.
- Checkout Instructional Media/Materials – View assortment of technology and materials available for checkout and download check out form.
- Adjunct Central is your one-stop area for all resources related to adjunct support. Visit this page to access information regarding adjunct workrooms, professional development, semester orientation, the Adjunct Certification Program, the Adjunct Faculty Excellence Committee, Adjunct Excellence Awards, Adjunct Appreciation events, and more! Adjunct Central faculty workspace is housed in TECH 105-H available with the use of your employee badge and classroom key. Computers, work space, a refrigerator, a microwave, information postings, and conference room reservation is all available for your convenience.
Hours and Location
Fall and Spring: Monday through Friday: 8am-5pm
Summer: Monday through Thursday: 8am-5pm
Lone Star College - CyFair
Barker Cypress Campus
9191 Barker Cypress
Cypress, Texas 77433
Technology Center (TECH) 105
Teaching & Learning Center
Teaching & Learning Center