Step 1: Apply to Lone Star College
- Speak with your Educational Services Officer or Military Representative prior to enrolling in courses.
- Apply for admission.
- Please be aware that once your application for admittance is accepted, your myLoneStar email address will serve as the primary point of contact.
Step 2: Request Transcript
- Request a copy of your military transcript:
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges and/or universities previously attended accredited and non-accredited.
Step 3: Apply for VA Benefits
- If your benefits have never been used nor applied for, fill out VA Form 22-1990, application for VA Education Benefits.
- If you are a Transferring student, fill out VA Form 22-1995, a change of program or place of training.
- Please print the confirmation page and retain with your student records.
Step 4 Apply for Financial Aid
VA Educational Benefits do not prevent you from receiving financial aid
- Complete the FAFSA application, using LSCS school code 011145.
Step 5 Advisement and Registration
- Speak with a Campus Veteran Liaison.
- Complete any necessary testing that is determined by a VA Advisor.
- Register for Classes.
Step 6 Request for Certification
- Please have all required documents prior to submitting your request for certification. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- Submit “Request for Certification” each semester.
- Please be sure to check your myLoneStar email account daily as this is the email account that will be used for all correspondence. Veteran Financial Services will email you if they have any problems during the certification process.