One Button Studio
What is the One Button Studio?
The One Button Studio is a video production studio that enhances teaching and learning at LSC-Tomball, allowing students and faculty to record video content with no technical expertise required. All you need is a flash drive and you’re ready to create a video. Simply schedule a time for the One Button Studio at our Instructional Media Assistance Center (IMAC). When you arrive at our studio, you will be greeted by a staff member from Multimedia Services that will assist you with the setup. You simply insert a USB flash drive into a USB port. This triggers the studio lights to turn on, starts the camera and gives the user a live preview. Then when ready, push a silver button. When the recording is complete, just push the button again, and the system compiles, compresses and loads the video in MP4 format onto the flash drive. Everything then turns off and resets for the next user. Usually after the initial first time, the user will be able to do this process on their own.
Possible uses include:
- Flipping a classroom
- Recording a lecture in advance
- Practicing a presentation
- Capturing a computer screen with narration
- Recording an interview with a guest speaker
- Rehearse for class presentations, thesis or dissertation defenses
- Create videos for online instruction
- Create videos for recruitment, training, or professional development seminars
- Create ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Practice your public speaking skills
- Use the green/blue screen to create visual effects
- Record a group interview or podcast
- Create professional videos for class projects
- Create tutorials (especially great if you are a tutor in the Academic Success Center)
- Rehearse for your speech class
- Create individual or group presentations
- Practice your interview skills with mock interviews
- Create a video for a campus student organization
- Oral histories
- Informational videos
- Create introduction videos for online class(es)
- Rehearse for conference presentations
- Create video lectures to embed in D2L
- Videos for supplemental instruction
- Create videos for assignments
- Create interactive videos to demonstrate skills or techniques
- Create videos for your department
- Create videos to share with students for campus events, activities, groups.
- The LSC-Tomball Multimedia Services reserves the right to decline any video studio request for any reason.
- The One Button Studio may only be used to produce videos for lawful and educational purposes.
- The One Button Studio will not be used to produce or create materials that are:
- subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection,
- in violation of intellectual property rights
- prohibited by Lone Star College, local state, or federal government
- unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to others,
- obscene or inappropriate for educational institutions
- extraneous (videos that will take several hours) to produce
Before the Appointment
- Set up appointment to use the studio by filling out the Makerspace Request form.
- Bring an FAT formatted flash drive that is 2 gigabytes or larger to save your video; about 1 gigabyte for 15 minutes of recording.
- Prepare the script or outline for your video, if needed.
On the Appointment Day
- Check in at the Reference desk. The librarian will unlock the room
- Set up the space for your recording needs
- Practice your presentation
- Restart the One Button Studio Computer
- Insert your FAT formatted USB drive into the hub
- Press the OBS Button to start the recording
- Make your performance
- Press the OBS Button to end your recording
- Wait for the file to be completely processed and saved into your flash drive before removing it from the USB hub port
- Turn off the projector, if used
- Let the front desk person know that you are done with your session
- Access your video recording from the computer in our sound booth
- Use Adobe Premiere, iMovie, or other video editing software to edit your video, if applicable
- Video Output: MP4
- Video Camera: Canon Full HD Camcorder 1920 x 1080p Video
- H.264 Pro Recorder/Encoder
- Light Board
- Reflecmedia blue/green screen system
The One Button Studio is available to all members of the LSC-Tomball community. The studio is located in East Hall, room E 254 – the IMAC studio.
Make an Appointment
- Format flash drive as exFAT
- Using the One Button Studio
- Interative Projector Stand Alone "White board" Mode
Post Production - Green Screen