Why Give to Lone Star College Foundation?
Founded in 1991, the Lone Star College Foundation has expanded its initial investment of $20,000 into an extensive portfolio of over $26 million. Since its inception, the Foundation has provided over $14 million in scholarships to nearly 14,500 students, as well as more than $6 million in program support. In 2017-18 alone, the Foundation raised $3.3 million and provided nearly $1.5 million in scholarships to 1,600 students, and $2.2 million in program and emergency support to Lone Star College. The mission of the Lone Star College Foundation is to change lives through student scholarships and quality educational programs achieved by excellence in relationship building, fundraising, and investment management.
When you give to the Foundation, you are supporting our communities. Ninety-one percent of Lone Star College students remain in the community and become the backbone of a prosperous and functioning society. This combination of higher student incomes and increased business productivity adds $3.1 billion to the Houston economy. Due to today's competitive workforce and challenging economy, our donors' support of the Foundation is vital, as well as a great return on investment.
The Foundation is grateful to our donors and ensures that 100% of every contribution is put directly to use assisting students and strengthening college programs. In fact, our investment policy maintains that no administrative fee is taken from the endowment principle or scholarship funds.
Ways of Giving
- Endowments ~ established to annually award a scholarship in the donor's name in perpetuity.
- Annual Scholarships ~ established to award scholarships to students once a year.
- Special Scholarships ~ one-time contributions for scholarships disbursed within the academic year and in accordance with the donor's wishes.
- Planned Gifts ~ donations that include bequests, life insurance, trusts, or annuities, and can maximize the donor's income, capital gains and estate tax savings.
- Additionally, there are opportunities to give In-Kind donations such as equipment or supplies, Corporate Matching Gifts, or to become an Event Sponsor or Underwriter.
GIFT ACKNOWLEDGMENT & TAX INFORMATION
Thank you for considering a gift to the Lone Star College Foundation. The Foundation is here to offer general information to a donor who is considering a donation to the college. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donors should obtain their own expert assistance in planning and making a gift to the Foundation, including advice from their own legal, tax and investment advisor(s).
It is the responsibility of the Foundation Office to officially record, receipt and acknowledge gifts to the School. Gifts will be processed through the Foundation Office and receipts and acknowledgments will be mailed to the donor within two weeks of receipt.
Lone Star College Foundation
5000 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands, Texas 77381