Thank you for considering a gift to Lone Star College!
Why Give to LSC?
Since its inception, the Foundation has provided over $13 million in scholarships to nearly 13,000 students, as well as more than $4 million in program support. In 2016-17 alone, the Foundation provided $1.7 million in scholarships to 1,500 students, plus $150,000 in student emergency assistance and program support. For every scholarship awarded, there were 20 applications. With an enrollment of 95,000 and growing, the need for scholarships continues to increase as well.
When you give to the Foundation, you are supporting our communities. Ninety-one percent of Lone Star College students remain in the community and become the backbone of a prosperous and functioning society. This combination of higher student incomes and increased business productivity adds $3.1 billion to the Houston economy. Due to today's competitive workforce and challenging economy, our donors' support of the Foundation is vital, as well as a great return on investment.
The Foundation is grateful to our donors and ensures that 100% of every contribution is put directly to use assisting students and strengthening college programs. In fact, our investment policy maintains that no administrative fee is taken from the endowment principle or scholarship funds.
Ways of Giving
- Endowments ~ established to annually award a scholarship in the donor's name in perpetuity.
- Annual Scholarships ~ established to award scholarships to students once a year.
- Special Scholarships ~ one-time contributions for scholarships disbursed within the academic year and in accordance with the donor's wishes.
- Planned Gifts ~ donations that include bequests, life insurance, trusts, or annuities, and can maximize the donor's income, capital gains and estate tax savings.
- Additionally, there are opportunities to give In-Kind donations such as equipment or supplies, Corporate Matching Gifts, or to become an Event Sponsor or Underwriter.
GIFT ACKNOWLEDGMENT & TAX INFORMATION
Thank you for considering a gift to the Lone Star College Foundation. The Foundation is here to offer general information to a donor who is considering a donation to the college. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donors should obtain their own expert assistance in planning and making a gift to the Foundation, including advice from their own legal, tax and investment advisor(s).
It is the responsibility of the Foundation Office to officially record, receipt and acknowledge gifts to the School. Gifts will be processed through the Foundation Office and receipts and acknowledgments will be mailed to the donor within two weeks of receipt.
Lone Star College Foundation
5000 Research Forest Drive
The Woodlands, Texas 77381