| Recent Catalogs & Addenda
| 2010-2011 Catalog Addendum
Workforce Degree and Certificate Changes (2010-2011)
- Network Administrator Certificate - MSCA/CCNA (pages 114-115) The total number of hours for this certificate is 20-24. Twenty hours are completed by students in the Cisco track and twenty-four hours are completed by students in the Microsoft track. This is not a change, but a clarification of the total hours for each track.
- Electrician - (page 126) Effective spring 2011, there are new Marketable Skills Awards at Lone Star College-Tomball.
- Fire Science Technology Program - (page 133) Lone Star College-Kingwood will begin offering the Basic Structural Firefighter Certificate effective spring, 2011. Lone Star College-Montgomery will begin offering the Fire Science AAS degree effective spring, 2011 pending Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approval.
- Basic Chemical Dependency Counselor Certificate (page 144-145) Remove the note at the bottom of the certificate plan (Capstone experience is completed by a departmental exam.) Replace with the following: Capstone course is DAAC 2360.
- Marketing Certificate (page 153) Effective spring, 2011, Lone Star College-Montgomery will begin offering this certificate.
- Medical Radiologic Technology (pages 156-158) Effective immediately, there are changes to the application criteria for the Radiology program. Refer to the Medical Radiologic Technology website for the most current information.
- Nursing (pages 158-163) English Proficiency: Please check back to the Nursing website after June 10, 2010 for further information about this requirement. Starting in the Spring 2011 class application period all Associate Degree Nursing and VN students may be required to show English proficiency.
Any applicant to the LSCS nursing program who completed high school outside the United States of America may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency. This can be done by submitting one of the following:
1. Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) with score of 530 or higher on a paper exam, 197 or higher on a computer exam and 71 or higher on an internet based exam.
2. Proving documentation of graduation from high school from an English speaking country such as Canada (other than Quebec), Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland.
Both the National Council for the State Board of Nursing and the Texas Board of Nursing recommends inclusion of English proficiency as criteria for applicants to insure the applicant’s ability to use and comprehend spoken and written English at a sufficient level for entry into practice. Based on this, proficiency in English is required for LSCS nursing programs for both patient safety and student success.
- Professional Office Technology (pages 173-175) Lone Star College-Tomball will deactivate the following awards effective spring, 2011: Bilingual Office Certificate, Office Assistance Certificate, Administrative Support Certificate, Administrative Assistant Certificate, Business Administrative Support Specialization AAS. No new students will be allowed to enroll in these awards beginning in the spring. Currently enrolled students will be contacted with information on completing the degree or certificate program requirements.
- Welding (pages 186) Effective spring, 2011, the following changes apply to the Welding Technology Specialization AAS degree: Remove the SPCH 1311 requirement and add a Speech elective. Remove HUMA 1301 and add a Humanities elective that will meet the multicultural requirement.