To report a crime at any of our locations, call:
- Campus Police Emergency line: 5911
- Off-Campus: 911
- Operator: 9911
Lone Star College Police
The System police department provides a secure environment for faculty, staff, visitors and property. Most of our officers are cross-trained in many areas of public safety such as firefighting, first aid, search and rescue and mental health issues. Their years of experience and training ensure that we have pleasant and safe facilities.
We employ both commissioned police officers, who have the same powers and abilities as any other police officer, as well as non-commissioned security guards.
- LSC security guards are civilian employees that support the police department by providing extra eyes and ears, and who deal with non-police calls for service, allowing the police officers to concentrate on proactive patrol of the campuses. Security guards wear white shirts and do not have badges. Their shoulder emblem and their photo ID cards say “Guard”.
- LSC police officers wear blue shirts and have badges and shoulder emblems that say “police”. Police officers carry department-approved handguns, whereas security guards are unarmed.
The LSC Police Department provides a full range of police services, including escorts, motorist assists and safety information. If you have any questions or concerns, please approach any of our police officers or security guards that you see patrolling our campuses on foot, on bicycles, in golf carts, or in marked police cars. They will be happy to talk with you, and will either provide you the information you need, or will direct you to someone else for help in resolving your issue.
We want your experience with Lone Star College to be positive, pleasant and above all, safe. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance. We are here to serve the needs of our community and actively solicit input as to our performance. Please e-mail any Captain of Police or the Director of Public Safety if you have a suggestion that might improve our operation.
- View our Annual Security Report (PDF) for
About Lone Star College Campus Safety
The primary mission of the Lone Star College Police Department is to ensure the safety and security of our students, staff, and the property of the system. We strive to maintain an environment that is conducive to learning, teaching, and working by being vigilant and alert for criminal activity and other circumstances that might threaten our community.
We provide a full range of services to our community, including proactive patrol, investigation of offenses, crime prevention activities, escorts, and motorist assists. To accomplish our mission, we patrol in marked police patrol vehicles, police bicycles, and by foot.
Crime Prevention Programs
- The Police Department provides programs on rape, sexual assault, personal safety, alcohol/drug awareness, DWI, burglary/theft prevention and harassment upon request.
- Safety lighting has been placed throughout the campuses. Please report any inoperable lights and their locations to the campus maintenance office.
- The Counseling Center at each campus can assist persons who are victims of rape or sexual assault with referrals to centers established to assist in such times of crisis.
Annual Security Report
LSC sends an annual email each September to every enrolled student and current employee on an annual basis to notify them that this report is available for viewing.
Emergency Response Line
Harris & Montgomery County Emergency Response
City of Houston
Registry for Special Needs
Lone Star College
Office of Emergency Management