Texas: Legislative Information
- Attorney General - includes access to open records and open meetings handbooks. Be aware that it opens a sound video.
- Governor - provides access to the governor's press releases and speeches, as well as information regarding initiatives and appointments.
- House of Representatives - includes information on house membership, committees, schedules, and legislation. Interim committee assignments and audio files of committee deliberations are also available.
- Legislative Budget Board - offers a description of the board and its duties, summaries of LBB reports, and online copies of the Texas Fact Book and the General Appropriations Act.
- Legislative Reference Library - provides information on library of legislative and state documents. Directions on how to compile legislative intent are also available.
- LegiScan - Bringing People to the Process. Makes available legislative texts from all 50 states. Search by limiting search to "Texas." Will allow free monitoring. Subscription required for multiple states or issue monitoring.
- Lieutenant Governor - includes press releases and Texas Senate rules.
- Secretary of State - provides access to online versions of the Texas Register, Texas Administrative Code, and Uniform Commercial Code, as well as access to elections data.
- Secretary of State -- Elections - includes a multitude of information including a list of elected state and county officials; election returns; a calendar of upcoming elections; election laws and procedures; candidate election forms; qualifications for various offices; and voter registration.
- Senate - provides information on senate members and committees, including interim committee assignments and schedules. During the legislative session, the site provides information on senate agenda items.
- Speaker of the House - includes accomplishments of the most recent legislative session.
- State Auditor's Office - includes synopses of reports released since September 1994 and full text of reports released since April 10, 1996.
- State of Texas Portal to Information - provides a listing of state resources for traveling, working, and doing business in Texas. Links to state, local, and regional governments, are also available.
- Sunset Advisory Commission - includes access to recent sunset reports on state agencies and to agendas and schedules for current and future sunset reviews.
- Texas Administrative Code - provides online access to state regulations.
- Texas Ethics Commission - provides ethics statutes, rules, and advisory opinions, as well as information on registered lobbyists.
- Texas Legislative Council
- Texas Legislative Council Redistricting Services - provides services and information relating to Texas house, senate, and congressional districts.
- Texas Legislative Council REDViewer - (Public Version) - provides maps and demographic reports for Texas house, senate, and congressional districts.
- Texas Legislature Online - provides links to the text of Texas statutes and constitutional provisions as they exist at the outset of a legislative session. The site also links to a variety of legislative information, including bills, resolutions, and legislative history tools. An index to statutory and constitutional sections that are affected by legislation is also available.
- Texas Legislature Online - Who represents me?- use this site to determine your state and national representatives by entering address information. Site also provides access to demographic information and statistics for Texas voting districts.
- Texas Register - provides information on new and proposed regulations, open meetings, and gubernatorial appointments. Both current and back issues are accessible, with indexes dating back to 1991. Back issues are maintained by University of North Texas Libraries, Government Documents Department
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!