Testing Center Guidelines
Please read this important information about Testing Center policies and procedures.
- Exams cannot be administered without PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.
- If there is a testing fee, please first make payment at the Business Office and bring a copy of your receipt.
- Regarding classroom tests: we provide tests for students in distance learning/on-line/hybrid courses.
- We do not provide tests for students in classes that meet in the classroom, except for individuals with accommodations (who must have an accommodations letter from a LSC-Cy-Fair counselor), and individual students who need make-up tests. Whole-class testing must be done in class during class meeting times.
- For a classroom test, students must know their instructor's name, the course name and section number, and their LSCS student ID number.
- The Testing Center does not provide childcare. Students who come with children cannot be tested.
- If special accommodations are required, students must first meet with a LSC-Cy-Fair counselor and also notify the instructor prior to testing.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other communication devices must be turned off and stored with all other personal items (backpacks, purses, etc.) in a locker or other designated storage cabinet. Use of the locker is strongly recommended.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Please remember to bring additional items if required for testing (i.e., scantrons, pens, pencils, calculator, paper appropriate for essays or graphs, blue books, etc.).
- No test will be issued within one hour of the Testing Center closing time. Students must arrive with plenty of time to complete their test.
- Instructors issue cut-off dates and times for tests; an expired test will not be issued.
- Students talking or suspected of cheating during a test will be documented, and an Incident Report will be attached to the test for the instructor.