Applying for ATC College Credit
All of the requirements below must be met in order to receive ATC credit. Students may visit with a LSC academic advisor for help determining whether or not the requirements listed below are met. If eligible, complete an application for Prior Learning Assessment by High School Articulation and submit to a LSC academic advisor along with your official high school transcript.
- Earn a grade of 80 or higher on all ATC courses
- Complete at least one ATC course during junior or senior year of high school
- Graduate from a Texas Public High School
- Apply for admission to Lone Star College
- Submit an OFFICIAL high school transcript to LSC Admissions
- Enroll in a credit program at LSC
- Request ATC credit within 15 months from the day of high school graduation*
- Complete prerequisites for any college course you are requesting for ATC credit
*Exception: Students admitted to the Nursing Program have 36 months from the day of high school graduation to apply for PLA credit.