LSC Cypress Center Tutoring Program
The Tutoring Center's goal is to help students reach their maximum academic potential by promoting the understanding of course concepts, reinforcing essential study skills and habits, as well as encouraging independent learning that will assist students to transition successfully into the rapidly changing world.
The Cypress Center Tutoring Center will be offering Math, English, and Science tutoring during the Summer I session from Monday, June 4th - Tuesday, July 10th, according to the posted schedules.
During the Summer II session from Thursday, July 12th - Thursday August 16th, only Math and English tutoring will be available, also according to the posted schedules.
Tutoring Services & Resources:
We offer tutoring and other resources in a range of subjects.
Use the links below to find out how we can help you!
- All tutoring services are FREE!
- At present all tutoring is on a drop-in basis.
- Students should bring any textbook, lecture notes and assignments when meeting with a tutor.
- Students should attempt solving a problem on their own before seeking assistance.
- Reading a chapter prior will result in a more productive session.
- Tutoring is available to all LSCS students, in addition to future students who need TSI assessment.
- Tutors will assist students preparing for standardized testing.
- TSI Preparation is currently available for all Lone Star College students on a drop-in basis; scheduled TSI Prep Sessions will be available soon.
- Our tutors are highly qualified professionals that consist of educators, instructors, retired professionals, former students and current students. The tutors are also College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Certified. This certification allows tutors to receive recognition and positive reinforcement from a national organization and sets professional standards of skill and training necessary for tutors.
Contact InformationCypress Center Tutoring
19710 Clay Road
Katy, TX 77449