All LSC facilities remain closed through April 30. Classes being moved to online resume April 13. Click here to see which classes will be moved to online and which remain face to face. Fall 2020 registration begins April 15.
Welcome to Lone Star College-CyFair!
To help with your transition to our college, LSC-CyFair offers New Student Orientation sessions throughout the year. These sessions give incoming college students an opportunity to learn about Lone Star College, connect with peers, staff & faculty, as well as meet with an Academic Advisor to get put on the right pathway for college success. If students attend Orientation while class enrollment is open, they will also get hands-on enrollment assistance from our Enrollment staff. Orientation is the last step before college registration, so all prior admission steps must be completed before students can attend an Orientation session.
• Complete TSI Placement Testing at our Testing Center
-Math, Reading & Writing sections required
• Submit previous test scores to our Admissions Counter in the CASA Building -Students are exempt from TSI Placement Testing with these scores (click chart for full view):
• Visit Transcripts to submit your previous college credit from another school -Some programs may not require college placement
-Consult your my.LoneStar.edu checklist or Academic Advisor
Students Exempt from Orientation:
• Continuing Education students (non-credit programs) -Consult an Advisor for incoming college student information
• Dual Credit students who are not graduating high school within a semester
-High school students are only required to attend Orientation once they are ready to enter college
• Students who have attended college previously and have credit to transfer -Submit your official college transcript to CyFair Admissions Counter in CASA or visit Transcripts for more information
• Students accepted into another college for a future semester, but would like to enroll in the current semester at LSC-CyFair -Submit your College Acceptance letter to CyFair Admissions Counter in CASA or Email Us
Students Allowed Online Orientation:
• During the ongoing response to the COVID-19 Corona Virus, ALL students are allowed access to Online Orientation. Simply text ONLINE to 855.909.0680 for access.
• Students planning to take 100% of their classes Online
• Students who live outside LoneStar's main service districts -Out-of-State residents; Katy, Lamar Consolidated, Alief, Fort Bend, Spring Branch, & Houston ISD residents are examples of residents allowed Online Orientation access
• Students planning to take classes at another college in the following semester -Email Us your College Acceptance letter and our team will process your request
• Students with special transportation or ADA needs that might require Online Orientation
For Online Orientation, Email Us or text ONLINE to 855.909.0680
Updated - How to Register for Orientation:
During the ongoing response to the COVID-19 Corona Virus, we are streamlining our Orientation procedures to provide Online Orientation for all interested students. There are 2 ways to get this access:
• Text ONLINE to 855.909.0680 to request Online Orientation -Students are given immediate access with this method
• Email Us with your name, Lone Star Student ID number, and a callback number so we can manually give you access. -Email requests are processed within 1 business days
Previously - How to Register for Orientation:
There are three ways students can register for Orientation and registration is only official when the student receives a confirmation text or email. If an Orientation session reaches capacity, we will update our calendar here to notate that Orientation session as closed. All Orientation Pre-Requisites must be completed before students can attempt to register for Orientation.
• Log-in to myLoneStar > select the Applicant tile > choose New Student Orientation on your Applicant Checklist and follow the prompt in the green box to register, cancel, or reschedule an upcoming Orientation session. -myLoneStar requests are processed immediately
• Text ORIENTATION to 855.909.0680 and follow the prompt to submit your Orientation session request -Text requests are processed within 1 business day
• Email Us with your name, Lone Star Student ID number, and the New Student Orientation session(s) you'd like to attend -Email requests are processed within 2 business days
Notes & Scheduling:
• Late arrivals must reschedule their Orientation session - NO EXCEPTIONS
• Students must schedule their Orientation at least 1 business day before their desired session and receive confirmation in order to attend
• The "Student Success Course" & "New Student Orientation" holds are allowed for Orientation attendees -Email Admissions, call 281.290.3200, or visit our CASA Admissions Counter to resolve other holds
• Due to limited seating, we can only guarantee space for registered students. However, parents or guardians are required to attend alongside students under 17 years old
• If the student is under 18 years old, a parent or guardian will need to sign the Parental Consent form and we will process it during Orientation check-in or students can Email Us the completed form before the Orientation session
Click the flyer to request access via Email:
Curious if an Orientation session is open or full?