Cypress/Fairbanks English Tutoring
English Tutoring Hours
See the detailed Tutoring Schedule for LSC-Fairbanks Center or LSC-Cypress Center for subject-specific schedules.
Cypress Center’s English Tutors cover a wide array of subject areas, as it relates to reading and writing. The following subjects fall under the umbrella of English.
Tutoring Center’s English Guidelines
Our goal is to assist students in developing their academic writing skills.
- Students should bring any written assignments guidelines, notes and/or drafts to their sessions.
- Students should plan to come in for tutoring at least one day before the assignment due date.
- Students should arrive at least five minutes early for their session in order to sign in and fill out forms.
What Our Tutors Will Do
- Help you understand your assignment
- Help you set goals for your writing
- Help you brainstorm ideas for your essay
- Help you identify your audience
- Help you outline and draft your paper
- Help you identify areas for possible improvement
- Help you understand an instructor’s comments on graded papers
- Help you learn proofreading techniques
- Help you improve your general writing or reading skills
What Our Tutors Will Not Do
- Write your paper
- Proofread or correct your paper
- Develop ideas for your paper
- Estimate the grade for your
- Do research for your paper
- Take the responsibility for finding all the mistakes in your paper
- Tell you what or how to write