The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers scheduled and online collaborative tutoring for reading and writing assignments in any discipline.
Hours of Operation (FALL 2022)
Monday – Thursday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Saturday: 11:00 - 2:30 pm
LRNC Room 208, 2nd Floor
Writing Center Policies
- Students should bring any written assignment guidelines, notes and/or drafts to their sessions.
- Students should schedule their appointment at least one day before the assignment due date.
- Students should schedule only a 30-minute appointment for a brainstorm or a 4 page paper and a 1-hour appointment for 5 pages or more.
- Students should arrive at least five minutes early for their session in order to sign in and fill out forms.
Please adhere to following instructions for submitting paper via online services:
Please send the assignment 2 – 3 days before the due date. If you are still in need of assistance or have any questions, please respond to this correspondence and someone will gladly assist you. Also, please make sure you adhere to the instructions mentioned below and that you provide the following information:
To submit your paper for online tutoring, you must address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
A Microsoft Word compatible copy of your paper
A Microsoft Word compatible copy of your assignment
Your student ID
The course name and number
Your professor’s name
The due date
If you omit any of the above information, your paper will not be reviewed. Thank you for using the writing center for your academic needs!
Areas in which the Writing Center provides assistance include:
- Understanding writing assignments
- Understanding the expectations for various types of writing
- Finding a topic
- Overcoming writer's block
- Developing strategies for note-taking and time management
- Developing methods for reading more effectively
- Organizing yourself to write
- Finding a writing process that works well for you
- Discovering and clarifying ideas
- Developing a focus and/or thesis
- Choosing key words, utilizing scholarly databases, and understanding the research process
- Understanding how to summarize, paraphrase, and quote from research sources
- Documenting research (MLA, APA, CMS, etc.)
- Choosing the best way to organize or shape your material
- Creating a strong argument
- Revising your draft(s)
- Understanding how to make use of feedback
- Writing effective sentences
- Working on voice and/or tone
- Editing to create a polished final draft
- Same day tutoring is only available if the student has an appointment.
- The CFWC email is checked Monday – Thursday from 8:00 AM- 5:30 PM. Any submissions sent after 5:30 PM will not be seen until the following business day and the submission will not be returned until two days after return receipt.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 281-290-3279. TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE WRITING CENTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE .