Complaint Resolution for Distance Students
LSC Student Complaint Process
Lone Star College strives to resolve all student complaints in a fair and expedient manner. Any online student wishing to file a formal complaint must first seek resolution through LSC's institutional appeals and grievance procedures which can be found here: Student Complaints.
- General Complaints
- Academic Complaints
- LSC-Specific Complaints (Sexual Misconduct & Civil Rights)
- Appeals (Final Grades & Enrollment/Registration)
- Misconduct (Academic Misconduct, Administrative Referral, Behavioral Intervention)
Out-of-State Complaints process
Online students residing outside of Texas may file a formal complaint with Lone Star College’s state authorizing agency, The Texas Higher Education Board (THECB), after exhausting internal avenues by following the link below:
THECB – State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) – Student Complaint Process
Out-of-State Student Complaint Disclosure
The complaint process for SARA member institutions and states:
- Students use the institution’s complaint process first.
NOTE: Complaints about student grades or student conduct violations are governed entirely by the institutional policy and, if applicable, the institution’s home state laws.
- Student may appeal (within 2 years) to the SARA Portal Entity—for Lone Star College this is THECB.
Final resolution of the complaint rests with the institution’s SARA Portal Entity.
District of Columbia
New Hampshire (Additional)
West Virginia (Additional)