Complaint Resolution for Distance Students
LSC Student Complaint Process
Lone Star College strives to resolve all student complaints in a fair and expedient manner. Any online student wishing to file a formal complaint must first seek resolution through LSC's institutional appeals and grievance procedures which can be found here: Student Complaints.
- General Complaints
- Academic Complaints
- LSC-Specific Complaints (Sexual Misconduct & Civil Rights)
- Appeals (Final Grades & Enrollment/Registration)
- Misconduct (Academic Misconduct, Administrative Referral, Behavioral Intervention)
Out-of-State Complaints process
Online students residing outside of Texas may file a formal complaint with Lone Star College’s state authorizing agency, The Texas Higher Education Board (THECB), after exhausting internal avenues by following the link below:
Out-of-State Student Complaint Disclosure
The complaint process for SARA member institutions and states:
- Students use the institution’s complaint process first.
NOTE: Complaints about student grades or student conduct violations are governed entirely by the institutional policy and, if applicable, the institution’s home state laws.
- Student may appeal (within 2 years) to the SARA Portal Entity—for Lone Star College this is THECB.
Final resolution of the complaint rests with the institution’s SARA Portal Entity.
District of Columbia