Ten Tips for Effective Stress Management
- Familiarize yourself with signs of stress.
- Get enough rest, exercise regularly, and maintain a healthy diet.
- Have a life outside of your job.
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol, drugs, and excessive caffeine.
- Draw strength from faith, friends, and family.
- Maintain your sense of humor.
- Have a personal preparedness plan.
- Participate in training offered at your workplace.
- Get a regular physical checkup.
- Ask for help if you need it.
Source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration