Associate of Science (AS) Degree
- Two year program
- Academic Transfer degree
- Leads to a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree at a four-year college/university
- Full program offered at LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball, LSC-University Park, and LSC-Online
- Meet with an academic advisor
An Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed for students who will ultimately be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree at a four-year college/university.
While certain courses are recommended, the requirements are essentially the basic first year and second year offerings appropriate for the first two years of many baccalaureate degree programs. Students who successfully complete the degree requirements of the program will be eligible to receive the associate of science degree.
The Associate of Science Field of Study: Computer Science is an academic transfer degree designed to prepare students to transfer to a 4-year institution and ultimately work professionally in areas centered around computer science.
The Biology Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed to prepare students to transfer to a 4-year institution and ultimately work professionally in areas centered around biology.
The Biomedical Engineering (BME) Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed to transfer to a 4-year institution to pursue a degree in Biomedical Engineering.
The Civil Engineering Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed to transfer to a 4-year institution to pursue a degree in Civil Engineering.
The Electrical Engineering Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed to transfer to a 4-year institution to pursue a degree in Electrical Engineering.
The Industrial Engineering Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed to transfer to a 4-year institution to pursue a degree in Industrial Engineering.
The Mechanical Engineering Associate of Science is an academic transfer degree designed to prepare students to transfer to a 4-year institution to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering.
General Associate Degree Requirements
Within five years of initial enrollment in credit courses at LSC, a student may graduate according to the catalog degree requirements in effect at the time of first enrollment or any subsequent catalog degree requirements provided the degree, the program, and requisite courses are still being offered. Course prerequisite changes need to be followed.
If a student fails to complete within five years all degree requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment, the student will be required to graduate under a catalog not older than five years. The five year initial enrollment period for specialized admissions programs begins upon acceptance into the program. Exception to this requirement may be approved in extenuating circumstances by the instructional vice president.
Students whose first year of enrollment in credit courses is prior to fall 1993 may graduate according to requirements in effect at that time provided the degree, the program, and requisite courses are still being offered.
- At least 60 semester hours of earned credit, 18 of which must be courses taken at LSCS and apply to the degree. Courses transferred from regionally-accredited institutions will be evaluated and applied to degree requirements if:
- At least a grade of “D” was earned.
- The cumulative GPA of the transfer courses applied to the degree or certificate must be at least a 2.00.
- AAS graduates may be required to demonstrate skills/proficiencies in the discipline.
- Satisfaction of core competency requirements.
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA for LSCS courses applying toward their degree requirements.
- A cumulative 2.0 GPA on all credit courses earned at LSCS (graduation GPA).
- Completion of LSCS Student Success Initiative requirements (college level reading and writing, and at least completion of Math 0308) even if students are exempt from the Texas Success Initiative.
- Completed formal application for graduation on or before the announced deadline.
- All transcripts on file and all financial obligations to the college complete, including all records cleared in the library.
|ENGL||1301 -and one of the following-|
|SPCH1||1311, 1315, 1318, 1321|
|MATH||1314, 1316, 13242, 1325, 1332, 1342, 13502,13512, 2318, 24123, 24133, 24143, PHIL 2303|
|Life & Physical Sciences||16 Credits|
|BIOL||1406 -or- 1408, 1407 -or- 1409, 1414, 2401, 2402, 2404, 2406, 2420, 2421|
|CHEM||1405, 1407, 1411, 1412, 2423, 2425|
|GEOL||1403, 1404, 1405, 1445|
|PHYS||1401, 1402, 1403, 1404, 1410, 2425, 2426|
|Creative Arts||3 Credits|
|ARTS||1301, 1303, 1304|
|MUSI||1306, 1307, 1310|
|Language, Philosophy, & Culture||3 Credits|
|ENGL||2322, 2323, 2327, 2328, 2332, 2333, 2341, 2342, 2343, 2351|
|HUMA||1301, 1302, 1305, 1311, 2319|
|PHIL||1301, 1304, 2306, 2307, 2316, 2321|
|SPAN||2311, 2312, 2313, 2315|
|HIST4||1301, 1302, 2301|
|GOVT||2305 -and- 2306|
|Social/Behavioral Sciences||3 Credits|
|HIST||2311, 2312, 2321, 2322|
|Component Area Option||4 Credits|
|ENGL||Either 1302 -or- 2311-and-|
|Choose elective courses based on university requirements if transferring|
|Associate of Science (AS) Degree Program Total||60 Credits|
Credits earned at Lone Star College transfer to any public college or university in the state. Start smart with 2+2 (2 years at LSC and 2 years at the University of your choice) and get the first two years of your Bachelor's degree without the high-cost. Before you make your decision, make sure you:
- Meet with an advisor to choose the right degree plan
- Research colleges & universities
- Complete their admissions application on time
The key to success – and to minimizing stress – is planning ahead. LSC has transfer agreements with dozens of colleges and universities across Texas. These transfer guides, 2 + 2 agreements, and equivalency guides will show you the LSC courses that fulfill bachelor degree requirements at the institutions listed.
Want to speak with someone in person? No problem. All six of our campuses have transfer centers that offer one-on-one appointments, workshops, university visits and resources for parents. Find the transfer center that is closest to you:
Figuring out how to pay for college is one of the toughest parts of earning a degree but attending LSC is an affordable option for most students. Tuition rates are based on residency and you can get an estimate of your costs by using our LSC Tuition & Fees chart.
Average full-time tuition is $800 per semester.
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students and financial aid packages may include more than one type of award.
Learn More About This Program
Lone Star College is an open-enrollment institution. Most students are accepted once they have completed the admissions process.
Lone Star College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College to award Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees.