Scholarships are a type of financial aid that does not need to be repaid. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor of the award. Scholarships can be based on merit, need, demographics, or career focus.
Each year the Lone Star College Foundation announces a variety of endowment and special scholarships made possible by the generous support of many individuals, families, estates, businesses, corporations, and/or foundations.
The student will need to login to myLonestar and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Fall Application Deadline – April 1
- Spring Application Deadline – October 1
- The student must be admitted to one of the LSCS college campuses.
- The student must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 to be considered.
- The student must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at one campus location.
- The student must meet Satisfactory Academic Policy.
Workforce scholarships are available to eligible students pursuing training in high-skill, high-growth occupations.
Scholarships are also available from sources outside Lone Star College System. Application, criteria and funding depend upon the agency issuing the scholarship.
Note: Beware of scholarship fraud. Please browse the Federal Trade Commission site for more information.
NOTE: Some scholarships may require a FAFSA to be completed before eligibility can be determined. Also, a scholarship will not be awarded to the student if, when combined with all other resources (Pell, other outside scholarships, loans, WIA, TRC, etc.), would exceed the student’s unmet need.
If the student is awarded a scholarship, they will need to send a thank you letter to the donor. Please reference the thank you letter example.
Select a campus for information on campus-specific scholarship opportunities.
East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation
The East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation (EMCSF) offers a $500 merit-based college scholarship available to deserving students who plan to continue their college education. The scholarship will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership and service, and financial need.
- 2015 East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation Merit Scholarship Application
- 2016 East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation Merit Scholarship Application
Financial Aid Contact Center
Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.