Scholarships are a type of financial aid that does not need to be repaid. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor of the award. Scholarships can be based on merit, need, demographics, or career focus.
Each year the Lone Star College Foundation announces a variety of endowment and special scholarships made possible by the generous support of many individuals, families, estates, businesses, corporations, and/or foundations.
The student will need to login to myLonestar and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Fall Application Deadline – April 1
- Spring Application Deadline – November 1
- The student must be admitted to one of the LSCS college campuses.
- The student must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 to be considered.
- The student must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at one campus location.
- The student must meet Satisfactory Academic Policy.
Workforce scholarships are available to eligible students pursuing training in high-skill, high-growth occupations.
The C2STEM Transitions project assists Texas community college students in pursuing Aerospace or STEM careers. The project activities include providing community college STEM majors with access to scholarships and experiential learning opportunities at NASA.
- $500 part time students/$1250 full time students (can be used for tuition, books, fees).
- Renewable scholarship-2015 deadlines: spring 6/8, summer 8/10, fall 11/23.
- Enrollment in one of the following certificate or associate programs:
Associate of Science (general)
Computer Aided Design/Drafting
All Engineering AS degrees
Automotive Manufacturing Technician
Industrial Diesel Technician
Engineering Technology (all types)
Petro Field Service Technician
Industrial Diesel Technology
PC Support Specification
Petroleum Field Service Technology
Microsoft Office Specification
Programming, Computer Engineering Technology
Information Technician Certification
Automotive Manufacturing Technology
Petroleum Field Service Technician
Computer Engineering Technology
Emergency Medical Services
Medical Radiologic Technology
Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Qualifying courses on transcript should be from one of the above-mentioned programs, a college science course, or a college-level mathematics course.
- 2.9 college GPA (15 CH hours completed, 8 of which are STEM-related).
How to Apply
Submit an official copy of your high school transcript and the C2STEM scholarship application to your campus Financial Aid Office.
Applications can be downloaded from our website:
Scholarships are also available from sources outside Lone Star College. Application, criteria and funding depend upon the agency issuing the scholarship.
Note: Beware of scholarship fraud. Please browse the Federal Trade Commission site for more information.
NOTE: Some scholarships may require a FAFSA to be completed before eligibility can be determined. Also, a scholarship will not be awarded to the student if, when combined with all other resources (Pell, other outside scholarships, loans, WIA, TRC, etc.), would exceed the student’s unmet need.
If the student is awarded a scholarship, they will need to send a thank you letter to the donor. Please reference the thank you letter example.
Select a campus for information on campus-specific scholarship opportunities.
East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation
The East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation (EMCSF) offers a $500 merit-based college scholarship available to deserving students who plan to continue their college education. The scholarship will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership and service, and financial need.
- 2015 East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation Merit Scholarship Application
- 2016 East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation Merit Scholarship Application
Financial Aid Contact Center
Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.