Scholarships are a type of financial aid that does not need to be repaid. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor of the award. Scholarships can be based on merit, need, demographics, or career focus.
Each year the Lone Star College Foundation announces a variety of endowment and special scholarships made possible by the generous support of many individuals, families, estates, businesses, corporations, and/or foundations.
The student will need to login to myLonestar and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Application Deadlines
- Fall Application Deadline – April 1
- Spring Application Deadline – November 1
- Eligibility Requirements
- The student must be admitted to one of the LSCS college campuses.
- The student must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 to be considered.
- The student must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at one campus location.
- The student must meet Satisfactory Academic Policy.
- Workforce Scholarships
Workforce scholarships are available to eligible students pursuing training in high-skill, high-growth occupations.
- TSGC Scholarship
Texas Space Grant Consortium and the Aviation and Space Foundation of Texas in partnership with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration have established this STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) scholarship program in memory of the Space Shuttle Columbia astronauts.
These scholarships are intended to recognize high-quality students and encourage their consideration of graduate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields which will ultimately lead to careers in STEM related fields. The scholarships stress:
- Excellence in academics
- Participation in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics education projects
- Participation in research projects
- Exhibited leadership qualities
TSGC encourages participation by members of under-represented groups.
Award Amount and Deadline
*1500.00 Part-Time or Full-Time Students
*Scholarship applications must be submitted on-line by Friday, April 29, 2016. Supporting material must arrive within 7 calendar days of the application deadline.
All TSGC Scholarship recipients must be:
- Citizens of the United States
- Registered for at least a half-time course load or more at a TSGC member institution in good standing as:
- a sophomore at a 2 year institution or
- a sophomore at a 4 year institution or
- a junior or senior at a 4 year institution or
- a first or second year student at a medical school
- T-STEM Scholarships
If you are majoring in one of the following degree plans, you may be eligible to receive a $2,500 scholarship towards your tuition based on your self-declared major. Presently, scholarships are available for LSC students who are in one of the following instructional programs:
- Computer & Information Sciences, Engineering (A.S.)
- Engineering Technology, Biological Sciences (A.S.)
- Dental Hygiene (A.A.S.)
- Allied Health and Medical Assistant
- Allied Health Diagnostic
- Nursing is not an eligible field based on grant
- Other Scholarships
NOTE: Some scholarships may require a FAFSA to be completed before eligibility can be determined. Also, a scholarship will not be awarded to the student if, when combined with all other resources (Pell, other outside scholarships, loans, WIA, TRC, etc.), would exceed the student’s unmet need.
If the student is awarded a scholarship, they will need to send a thank you letter to the donor. Please reference the thank you letter example.
Select a campus for information on campus-specific scholarship opportunities.
East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation
The East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation (EMCSF) offers a $500 merit-based college scholarship available to deserving students who plan to continue their college education. The scholarship will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership and service, and financial need.
- 2015 East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation Merit Scholarship Application
- 2016 East Montgomery County Scholarship Foundation Merit Scholarship Application
Financial Aid Contact Center
Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.