Notice: Lone Star College is currently switching vendors for processing book advances and will be updating this page in the coming weeks with new deadlines and processes.
What Are Book Advances?
Book Advances allow you to use a portion of your anticipated financial aid to purchase textbooks and supplies from any business. It is not free or additional funds. This book advance is for educational expenses only.
Book Advance Requirements
Student must have been awarded, and accepted, financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, or loans for the term for which books are being purchased.
- Student must have a final class schedule. Any changes to the student's schedule after receiving the book advance will be the student's responsibility.
- Student must have a credit balance of at least $25.00 in the student account.
- Recipients will be given up to a maximum of $1000 if eligible.
- Book advances will be issued no earlier than ten business days prior to the first day of class.
- Tuition and fees will be paid first from the student's eligible financial aid funds and the remaining aid will be applied to book advances.
Book Advance Best Practices
- Check your financial aid and e-mail accounts frequently to ensure that you do not miss important information.
- Schedule changes will effect financial aid and book advance eligibility. Visit with a financial aid advisor before purchasing books to make sure that your award is correct.
- Spend conservatively; If you spend more than you are eligible to receive, you will owe money back.
Financial Aid Contact Center
Mon-Thu: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.