2023 Gulf Coast Intercollegiate Consortium (GCIC) Conference
Register Now! Gulf Coast Intercollegiate Fall Conference
Lone Star College-CyFair
9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433
Proposal Submission: Due September 30, 2023 by MIDNIGHT (11:59P.M.)
Abstract Submission Details:
Students are asked to paste their abstract into a text box located on the form and provided with following guidance: Abstracts should be about 250 words and provide the reviewer with a clear idea of the central research question and/or purpose of the presentation. To help develop a strong and comprehensive abstract some the best practices used by the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) are listed below.
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) abstract guidelines for humanities, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics:
- Clearly state the central research question and/or purpose of the project.
- Provide brief, relevant scholarly or research context (no actual citations required) that demonstrate its attempt to make a unique contribution to the area of inquiry.
- Provide a brief description of the research methodology.
- State conclusions or expected results and the context in which they will be discussed.
- Include text only (no images or graphics)
- Be well-written and well-organized.
The Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) provides additional resources and best practices for student presenters on their webpage: https://www.cur.org/
Registration Fee: $25 Due at time of registration - Friday, September 15, 2023 (11:59PM)
**Please remember to register ANY and ALL guests attending the conference (Directors included)**
8 am - Registration Begins
8:30am- transfer fair begins
10am- Director’s meeting
11am- Poster session
1:30-2:30pm- Afternoon session 1
2:30-3:00pm- Refreshments break
3-4pm- Afternoon session 2
4pm- Conference Adjourns
For more information**Please Check Back for further information regarding the Spring 2024 retreat**
Dr. Mari Nicholson-Preuss, Honors Director @ LSC-Kingwood, email@example.com or 281-318-4331
Dr. Katie Caruso, Associate Vice Chancellor, LSC Honors and International Education at TheHonorsCollege@LoneStar.edu or 281-618-1149