2022 Gulf Coast Intercollegiate Consortium (GCIC) Conference
Register Now! Gulf Coast Intercollegiate Fall Conference
Lone Star College-Kingwood
20000 Kingwood Drive, Porter, TX 77339
Proposal Submission: Due September 30, 2022 by MIDNIGHT (11:59P.M.)
Upload your Formstack ABSTRACT SUBMISSION here
Abstract Submission Details:
Students are asked to paste their abstract into a text box located on the form and provided with following guidance: Abstracts should be about 200 words and provide the reviewer with a clear idea of the central research question and/or purpose of the presentation. To help develop a strong and comprehensive abstract some the best practices used by the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) are listed below.
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) abstract guidelines for humanities, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics:
- Clearly state the central research question and/or purpose of the project.
- Provide brief, relevant scholarly or research context (no actual citations required) that demonstrate its attempt to make a unique contribution to the area of inquiry.
- Provide a brief description of the research methodology.
- State conclusions or expected results and the context in which they will be discussed.
- Include text only (no images or graphics)
- Be well-written and well-organized.
The Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) provides additional resources and best practices for student presenters on their webpage: https://www.cur.org/
Registration Fee: $20 Due Wed., October 16, 2022 (11:59PM)
**Please remember to register ANY and ALL guests attending the conference (Directors included)**
For EventBrite tickets/registration PAY HERE
For more information**Please Check Back for further information regarding the Spring 2023 retreat**
Dr. Mari Nicholson-Preuss, Honors Director @ LSC-Kingwood, email@example.com or 281-318-4331
Dr. Katie Caruso, Associate Vice Chancellor, LSC Honors and International Education at TheHonorsCollege@LoneStar.edu or 281-618-1149