Pack Buddy Peer Mentor Program
Want a Pack Buddy?
The Pack Buddy Peer Mentor Program pairs LSC-Tomball student leaders with incoming freshmen or transfer students. This provides new students with opportunities to connect regularly with an experienced Timberwolf at LSC-Tomball.
Pack Buddy Program Components
- LSC-Tomball Peer Leaders are paired with incoming students from September 2023 - May 2024
- Pack Buddy Peer Leaders will do bi-weekly check-ins (via text or email) with their matched incoming student
- Invitations to VIP events through the year will include special guest speakers and VIP campus tours
Join Pack Buddy
Pack Buddy is open to all incoming freshmen and transfer students and does not require a cost. Students are asked to apply for the program, as spaces may be limited. Applications are now open and the deadline to apply is Friday, October 6, 2023 at 5:00pm. To apply and get matched with a Pack Buddy Leader, fill out the information below.
Apply to become a Pack Buddy Peer Mentor Leader
Be the buddy you wanted when you were new at LSC-Tomball! Build relationships with new Timberwolves during the Academic Year through bi-weekly check-ins and semester engagement programs. To apply and/or learn more about becoming a Pack Buddy Leader, read the information below.
Pack Buddy! matches a LSC-Tomball student leader with incoming freshmen or transfer students. As a Pack Buddy Leader, you will be matched to approximately 5-10 students that you will conduct bi-weekly check-ins with to share resources, as well as, answer any questions. You will also get to attend VIP engagement events on and off campus with your students. Pack Buddy Mentor applications are due Friday, October 6, 2023 at 5:00pm.
- Check-in (text/email) with incoming students on a bi-weekly basis to share resources and answer questions
- Attend monthly staff meetings/trainings
- Meet with your 5-10 Pack Buddy incoming students individually in-person at least once per semester
- Provide intentional opportunities to explore and engage with the campus and Tomball community
- Service Hours
- Invitations to VIP events throughout the semester/year, which will include special guest speakers and campus tours
- Promotional items
- Professional development training
- Pack Buddy Leaders are positive, approachable, and resourceful with a passion for helping new students
- The desire to serve as an ambassador for Lone Star College-Tomball
- Completed at least two semesters at Lone Star College-Tomball
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
Questions? Please contact Shannon Marino at firstname.lastname@example.org