Assistive Technology Lab
Access to LSC-University Park's Assistive Technology (AT) Lab (B12.804, inside the Student Learning Resource Center) services and equipment is determined on an individual basis through the review of a student's disability documentation by the campus' Disability Services Manager.
Programs/Hardware Available in AT Lab
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech) - comprehensive screen reading program
- Zoom Text Program & Keyboard - magnifies the computer screen for visually impaired users
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking - voice recognition program transcribes spoken words
- Read and Write Gold - reads PDF, Word Documents, and website, and has a variety of writing tools including grammar and spelling checkers.
- The TOPAZ® XL - uses a high definition camera to magnify documents
Equipment for Check Out
- Digital Recorders/Talking Calculators
- Ruby® Magnifiers
- Livescribe Pens
Services for Alternative Formats
Students who are qualified by the Disability Counselor for alternate formatting of books must provide the staff with:
- An accommodations checklist to verify eligibility,
- A copy of the schedule of classes for which the books are needed,
- And a receipt for the purchase of a print copy of the books.
Examples of alternative formats
- Large Print, Screen readers, Audio Format
For transcription/captioning/interpreter services, please go to http://www.lonestar.edu/interpreter-transcription-request.htm.
updated 3 Dec. 2021