Anatomy and Physiology
A CRLA Project by Mary Sharon
|This site is designed for students in Anatomy and Physiology classes at Lone Star College-Tomball. It includes a list of helpful links to active Internet sites where students can find additional information to help them understand terminology and processes in the biological sciences. Each link is hyperlinked to a dicussion of the content of the site and the biological principle or system to which it relates.|
- Anatomy and Physiology Student Manual
Deisgned by Karina M. Paulino, M.D, an Anatomy and Physiology tutor, this manual is helps students prepare for taking classes in Anatomy and Physiology with tips on organization and studying.
- Interactive Tutorial on the Sheep Heart
Excellent site created by Dr. J. Crimando of Gateway Community College. Great way to learn the sheep heart. Highly, highly recommended. 4 stars.
- Tuturorial on Cat Internal Anatomy
Pretty cool tutorial on cat vasculature and internal organs.
- Virtual Cat Dissection
Not a bad site from Penn State Erie. Has some quality pictures.
- Labeled Dissection Images from Tyler JC.
- Online Cat Dissection
Pretty neat site from thinkquest.org. Has some good images and even videos.
- Interactive Tutorial on Internal Heart Anatomy
Another great site from GCC. This one has an interactive test you can use to test yourself. Highly recommended.
- Tutorial on the Posterior Heart
Another great tutorial from Dr. J. Crimando.
- Human and Sheep Heart Photos
Lots of decent pictures.
- Interactive Heart Anatomy from the Texas Heart Institute
- How to Measure BP and What It All Means
- Heart Animations!!
Some pretty neat animations of how the heart works. Illustrates pressure gradients, valve operation and several other salient features. Check it out.
- Crossword Puzzle on the Circulatory System.
A fun way to learn!
- Hematology Tutorial
Decent site with nice pictures. Gives you the low down on blood and blood cells.
- Tutorial on Blood Types.
Gives good information on blood types and contains some OK problems. A little heavy on the genetics, but it's good stuff to know.
- Another Tutorial on Blood Components and Blood Types
- Tutorial Site on Skull Anatomy
Awesome! Really helpful. From Gateway Community College.
- Tutorial on Hand Anatomy
Another really good tutorial.
Site has bone pictures that can be rotated in most directions. Probably the closest thing to actually holding them in your hand.
- Good Site from Penn State
Lots of decent pictures that you can quiz yourself with.
- Interactive 3D Skull
Decent site for skull study
- Neuroscience for Kids!
Don't let the name fool you. This site has a lot of good info, often explained quite well.
- Really neat, interactive dissection of a sheep's brain
- Basic Neural Processes
Good quizzes and a real nice animated discussion of the chemical basis of the action potential
- Sheep Brain Tutorial
Nice tutorial from Dr. Crimando.
- Tutorial on the 12 Cranial Nerves
Another tutorial worth checking out!
- Atlas of the Human Brain
Comprehensive site full of images and pathological information. For the serious student.
- Complete Listing of All the Muscles in the Human Body
Very nice reference.
- Muscles Tutorial
Interactive java-based tutorial. Very good for quizzing yourself. This one is also courtesy of Dr. J. Crimando of Gateway Community College.
- Myosin-Actin Animation
Neat animation of the interaction between myosin, actin, tropomyosin, troponin, ATP, and Ca2+. Watch it twice!
Embryology and Development
- The Visible Embryo - Stages of Human Development
Nice pictorial showing each stage of development. Worth a glance.
- Digestive System Games
Matching, Concentration, and Flashcards!
- Animations of Peristalsis
- Immunobiology Animations
Some pretty neat and detailed animations concerning immune system activities. Some are too detailed and advanced, while others are more rudimentary and appropriate for A&P.
- Immunology Tutorial
Good but lengthy site
- Tutorial on the Thyroid Gland
Another nice tutorial from Gateway Community College
Other Useful/Interesting Stuff
- Membrane Transport
Great FLASH animation that covers the basics of membrane transport.
- Organ, Tissue, and Cell Games
Play and Learn!
- Body Cavity and Body Region Games
Learn and Play!
- Body Structure Word Games
Kind of easy, but kind of fun.
- Learn’em Easy. A good place for muscles, bones, etc. in fun to do tutorials.