LSC-Kingwood Disability Services

LSC-Kingwood Disability Service Banner

LSC-Kingwood Disability Services is committed to ensuring students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate and benefit from college programs, services, and activities.

We assist students with diagnosed disabilities by determining and coordinating appropriate academic accommodations and ensuring students have a fully accessible college experience.

How does a student apply for accommodations?

  • Fill out the application for services
  • Provide documentation of your disability
  • Schedule an interactive meeting with the disability services staff to assign accommodations


1. Self-Identify
Contact the LSC Disability Services Office where you are taking classes and self-identify as a student with a disability. Visit Campus Disability Services Offices.

2. Request accommodations online through VDAC
The LSC Virtual Disability Assistance Center (VDAC) is the Lone Star College cloud-based software hosting a secure location that will process and hold disability services requests and records for students with disabilities at all LSC campuses.

3. Provide documentation
Students are responsible for providing docu-mentation of disability. Because K-12 and Higher Education laws differ, it is important to note that K-12 documentation may not fully satisfy LSC documentation requirements. To download Medical Verification Form or to re-view Document Guidance or for other Disability Services, see Additional Resources.

4. Actively engage
You matter! LSC expects students to actively participate in all discussions and decision-making about your accommodations. Stay engaged!

LSC-Kingwood is committed to ensuring students with disabilities have equal access to programs, services, and activities. It is important for LSC students to know how to request accommodations and who to talk to.  

Log in to VDAC and renew accommodation requests today.

Any dual-credit student who takes a Lone Star College class must apply for accommodations through Lone Star College. Due to a difference in the laws governing accommodations in high school and post- secondary education, there might be a difference in the types of accommodations available in high school versus college.

1. Colleges do not fall under the Individuals with Dis-abilities Education Act. There are no IEPs. They do follow federal civil rights laws, however, that includes Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). 

2. The process of applying for accommodations happens separately from the college application process. It usually begins after your child has been accepted and enrolled in the college. To receive accommodations, a student must first self-identify with the Disability Services Office on campus. 

3. Your child will need to provide evidence of disability to get accommodations. Documentation such as Full evaluations, a Healthcare professional letter, or a Lone Star College Disability Verification Form (Form 1) are acceptable. 

4. There are no “Case Managers,” in college, however, your child will have a dedicated contact person at the Disability Service Office. This person will work with your child to determine “reasonable” accommodations and create the accommodation letter which will be addressed to the faculty in your child’s course for that semester. Accommodations are different from modifications. 

5. When your child was in high school, you were legally entitled to be part of the process. That is not the same in college. The law protects your child’s privacy. FERPA (Family Educational Rights Privacy Act) form required.

High School


School is responsible for identifying students with disabilities.

Student must self-identify using the college’s official process.

Parents can reach out to teachers to discuss student’s academic progress.

Student information is confidential and subject to the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Information only released with student consent.

School is responsible for diagnostic testing for disabilities.

Student is responsible for getting diagnosed and providing that diagnosis to the college.

Course content modifications (IEP) can change course outcomes.

Student must meet the same academic requirements and be assessed on the same material as all other students.

School might be responsible for providing personal aides to assist students.

College is not responsible for providing an aide to assist students.

Student might be exempt from conduct guidelines based on disability.

Student must follow the college’s code of conduct.

Student Services

Campus Service Location Contact Information
Assistive Technology Lab

SCC Building
Office 195
8am- 4pm


For more information, please visit the Assistive Technology Center

Tutorial Services

LIB Building

(coordinated in Library/Learning Commons)

Sign Up for Tutorial Services
(coordinated in Library/Learning Commons)
Assessment Center SCC Building
Room 223


Set up Text/Exam Appointments

Testing Accommodations SCC Building
Office 195
Readers & Scribes SCC Building
Office 195

Request 72 hours (3 business days) in advance online:
Interpreter/Transcribing Services Request Form

Request /Re-New Accommodations SCC Building
Office 195
Request Accomodations



Image stating "For Students" that opens link to student information website: VLAC.LoneStar.edu Image stating "For Faculty" that opens link to faculty resources site: VTAC.LoneStar.edu
For Students For Faculty

Contact Information

Amanda Mollet

Manager, Disability Services
Office: SCC 195
Phone: 281-312-1636

Email: kc-dso@lonestar.edu

Liz Lona

Specialist II, AT Lab
Assistive Technology
Phone: 281-312-1636

Email: kc-dso@lonestar.edu

Disability Services Office

20000 Kingwood Drive
Kingwood, TX 77339

Student Conference Center Building (SCC)

View Campus Maps
Download the LSC-Kingwood Campus Map

Make LSC part of your story.