LSC-CyFair Medical Radiologic Technology
Medical Radiologic Technology Program
This program of study is designed to provide its students with the knowledge and skills to perform radiographic examinations (x-rays) provide patient care, and assist the radiologist with diagnostic procedures. The Lone Star College-CyFair Medical Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850 Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182, Phone: 312.704.5300
Download the MRT Student Handbook.
The mission of Lone Star College-CyFair, Medical Radiologic Technology Program, is to provide a comprehensive education of structured learning experiences and to assist in meeting the community’s need for medical imaging professionals. The program curriculum combines didactic and clinical education experiences to enable the student to acquire knowledge; develop medical imaging skills; professional values; and the desire for life-long learning. Graduates of the programs are effectively prepared for entry-level positions in the medical radiologic technology profession.
Medical Radiologic Technology Program Information Sessions
|Tuesday, February 14, 2023||HSC 122||2:00 - 3:00 pm|
|Tuesday, March 7, 2023||HSC 122||2:00 - 3:00 pm|
|Tuesday, April 11, 2023||HSC 122||2:00 - 3:00 pm|
|Tuesday, May 9, 2023||HSC 122||2:00 - 3:00 pm|
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology Program Information Sessions
Dates TBA for Fall 2023.
GOAL 1: Graduate entry-level medical radiologic technologists, who are effectively prepared to enter the radiography profession.
GOAL 2: MRT students will complete the program in 24 months and graduate with AAS degree.
GOAL 3: MRT graduates will pass the ARRT examination, at first attempt, within 6 months after graduation.
GOAL 4: MRT graduates will be employed in the Medical Radiographic Technology profession within 6 months after graduation.
GOAL 5: MRT graduates will be satisfied with the MRT program.
Student Learning Outcomes:
GOAL 1: Clinical Competency
- Students will demonstrate radiographic procedures & positioning skills.
- Students will demonstrate the practice of adequate radiation protection.
GOAL 2: Communication Skills
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in communication skills in the clinical setting.
GOAL 3: Critical Thinking Skills
- Students will use critical thinking/problem solving skills to identify anatomy on images.
- Students will use critical thinking/problem solving skills to solve nonroutine problems.
The Lone Star College-CyFair Medical Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by:
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182
Phone: 313.704.5300 / FAX: 423.304.5304
- HCA Houston Northwest Medical Center
- HCA North Cypress Medical Center
- HCA Tomball Regional Hospital
- Houston Methodist West Hospital
- Houston Methodist West Ortho
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Memorial Hermann – Convenient Care Center
- Memorial Hermann-Cypress
- Memorial Hermann-Cypress OPID
- Memorial Herrmann-Katy
- Memorial Hermann - Katy REHAB
- St. Luke's Hospital at the Vintage