The Center for Civic Engagement, in partnership with Democracy Works, is excited to offer TurboVote to Lone Star College. We are making it easier for you to be engaged in the election process by receiving text message alerts on when the election is taking place as well as other Election Day information.
All you have to do is go to TurboVote and sign up!
After you have filled out the registration form online and submitted it, you will receive the registration form in the mail pre-stamped and you will then mail it off. From there, you will receive your registration card in the mail and text message alerts from TurboVote!
If you are already registered, just sign up on TurboVote to receive text alerts of upcoming elections and your polling place.
More Voter Registration Information
Your Vote Makes A Difference!
You can register to vote and find out if you are already registered at the Texas Secretary of State website:
If you have moved since you last registered to vote, it is necessary to update your voter registration to reflect the new address change:
Voter registration applications and change of address forms must be received in the County Voter Registrar's office or postmarked 30 days before an election in order for you to be eligible to vote in that election.To be eligible to register in Texas, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be a resident of the county;
- be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months);
- not a convicted felon (unless a person's sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
- not declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law
- You may request a postage-paid application by filling out this form so that a voter registration application can be mailed to you. You must mail the voter registration application to the voter registrar in your county of residence. Voter registration applications are also available at many post offices, libraries, Texas Department of Public Safety offices, and Texas Health and Human Services Commission offices throughout the state.
- Qualified voters without an approved photo ID may obtain a free Election Identification Card from DPS. Find out more at dps.texas.gov.