The holiday shopping season can be hectic and chaotic. Whether on campus or out shopping at the mall, the Lone Star College System Police Department offers the following holiday safety tips:
• Walk in pairs if possible.
• Secure all electronic devices (tablets, note books, computers, cell phones).
• Park close to buildings if possible.
• Always be aware of your surroundings.
• Do not use your cell phone while shopping or walking to your vehicle.
• Never leave an unattended vehicle running.
• Lock all items of importance in trunk of vehicle.
• If you will not be returning to your home during daylight hours, be sure your house is well lit, both inside and out.
• Women while shopping should never leave or walk away from their purse while in a shopping cart.
• If you are in a car accident at night, drive to a well-lighted populated area before exchanging information.
The LSCS Police Department would also like to remind LSCS students and staff to be alert and aware of your surroundings and call the campus police emergency line at 5911 to report a crime or threat at any LSC Location.
Lone Star College System has been opening doors to a better community for 40 years. Founded in 1973, LSCS remains steadfast in its commitment to student success and credential completion. Today, with 78,000 students in credit classes, and a total enrollment of more than 90,000, Lone Star College System is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and the fastest-growing community college system in the nation. Dr. Richard Carpenter is the chancellor of LSCS, which consists of six colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park, five centers, LSC-University Center at Montgomery, LSC-University Center at University Park, Lone Star Corporate College, and LSC-Online.