The Lone Star College-Small Business Development Center Advisory Council has selected 16 finalists for its 33rd Annual Small Business of the Year awards.
“Small businesses have a big impact on our local economy,” said Miguel Lopez, LSC-SBDC executive director. “The Lone Star College-Small Business Development Center is proud to collaborate with small-business owners to increase economic development through business expansion and job growth.”
Nominees for the award were submitted by members of the local community, business leaders, chambers of commerce and economic development organizations. These finalists were selected on the basis of leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, business growth and contribution to the community.
Winners of the LSC-SBDC award will be honored Nov. 13 at the 33rd Annual Small Business of the Year Awards Luncheon held at the Lone Star Community Building Star of Texas Ballroom.
The finalists of the 33rd Annual Small Business of the Year award are:
Family-Owned (Sponsored by Community Impact Newspapers)
- Boatman Construction, LLC (Shane D. Boatman and Shane B. Boatman)
- EZ Exit Now (Kristin and Dan Cobb)
- Visibly Connected (David and Page Cherry)
- Sergio’s Landscaping (Sergio Martinez)
- Starfox Financial Services, LLC (Jose E. Palafox and William “Bill” G. Friebel)
- Tropical Smoothie Café (Vanessa Boles and Paul Davis)
Small Business (Sponsored by Hello Woodlands)
- adWhite Marketing & Design (Taylor and Michelle White)
- The Republic Grille (Jennifer and Terry McBurney)
- The Young Learners (Dan Altom, Debbie Kaschik and Ed Ziegler)
Veteran-Owned (Sponsored by Frost Bank)
- Rehab Garage, LLC (William Patterson and Rob McKee)
- Abundant Health & Wellness Center (Dr. Polly Heil-Mealey and Stephen W. Hale)
Woman-Owned (Sponsored by Woodforest National Bank)
- Cy-Fair Coatings, Inc. (Cheryl and Trey Shuck)
- CarrierRae, LLC – Undersummers (CarrieRae Munson)
- Spinal Care Chiropractic Center, P.C. (Dawn Schwab, D.C. and Lisa Rister, D.C.)
- Serenity Massage PLLC (Jena Massie)
- Loganitus Training (Logan and Jennifer Johnson)
“This event is a wonderful way for people to show support for these hard working small-business owners,” said Lopez.
Tickets for the awards luncheon can be purchased here. Call the LSC-SBDC at 832.813.6674 for more information.
About Lone Star College-Small Business Development Center
The LSC-SBDC works with entrepreneurs and existing companies to help them evolve to the next level of business in today's global economy. SBDC services are available for companies in every phase of the business life cycle, helping entrepreneurs make sound decisions and succeed. Click here to learn more about LSC-SBDC.
About Lone Star College
Lone Star College offers high quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion. LSC consists of seven colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.